cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Apple Rewards *Visa Signature* Upgrade???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Apple Rewards *Visa Signature* Upgrade???

I have had my Barclaycard Apple Rewards Visa since January, and my limit is way above 5k.  I am curious why my card is not a Visa Signature?  From what I understand, Visa Signature's limit begins at 5k - am I wrong?  Does anyone know if this card can be upgraded to a Visa Signature? I called Barclaycard today and the CSR said that I needed to go through Visa for this.  I think not!  Visa is a network.  They don't issue this card.  

I already have a Visa Signature, but I was curious to know if this card can be upgraded or if anyone has had experience with this?  

Any insight or help is appreciated.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Apple Rewards *Visa Signature* Upgrade???

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Barclaycard Apple Rewards Visa since January, and my limit is way above 5k.  I am curious why my card is not a Visa Signature?  From what I understand, Visa Signature's limit begins at 5k - am I wrong?  Does anyone know if this card can be upgraded to a Visa Signature? I called Barclaycard today and the CSR said that I needed to go through Visa for this.  I think not!  Visa is a network.  They don't issue this card.  

I already have a Visa Signature, but I was curious to know if this card can be upgraded or if anyone has had experience with this?  

Any insight or help is appreciated.  

I dont think Apple comes in a "Via Singature" flavor

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple does not have a Visa Signature version of this card. Sorry. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Yep, for some reason some cards are not offered in Visa Signature even if above 5K, some examples: BankAmericard (beige), Slate, Apple Rewards, there are probably a few others.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Barclay Rewards Mastercard thats above 5k that I thought would be converted to visa signature since thats what it says it is on the website but it hasnt happened although they do call it the world version now. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Barclay Rewards Mastercard thats above 5k that I thought would be converted to visa signature since thats what it says it is on the website but it hasnt happened although they do call it the world version now. 

Both Barclay Rewards and Barclay Apple are cards for average credit with different underwriting standards than other Barclay cards. They do not offer signature versions of cards that are starter cards for average credit, sorry! Smiley Happy

There is normally more to a Visa SIgnature than just the amount of the credit line.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing that! Thats defenitely helpful! I was thrilled just to get a limit above 5k...its my main card now. Hopefully it can stay that way. I really just want to have a stable credit profile until my bk falls off my reports. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a signature version of the Barclaycard, the limit doesn't spell out...It's something internally they check for first to offer it and if your profile doesn't support it, it defaults to the Platinum version upon approval....

This is from the T&C on the application for the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards:

Agreement: The use of any account opened in connection with this offer will constitute acceptance of and will be subject to the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to you. The APRs, fees, and other account terms, as well as the benefits and features associated with the account are subject to change to the extent permitted by law.  You agree that if you are not approved for a Signature account you may be approved for a Platinum account.

About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of Puerto Rico and the US territories,  and may not be available if you already have or have had an account with us. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations,    we may be unable to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from Signature benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those may be generic terms and conditions that are standard legal langauge for their cards in general, to protect the lender. I've never seen an Apple Rewards Visa Signature card.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know but seeing the thread did make me question too, and I found it listed a few places about the card.  I wondered about it personally but knew I likely didn't have the scores to support a signature anything lol...DH does but not I said the duck.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.