Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Approved - TU / Question on CLI

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard Approved - TU / Question on CLI

Hi Everyone --

Just wanted to say that I was just approved (instant) for a $1490.00 CL with Barclay (Apple Card). I just pulled my TU FICO score off this site and it's at 767 -- A tremendous improvement from my 598 a year ago!

Here are some of my stats:

Income = $75,000.00

Credit History = 15 years

Utilization = 0.00%/ 100% available

Capital One = $500 CL (opened 03/2007)

Capital One = $750 CL (opened 09/2009)

Orchard = $900 CL (opened 04/2007)

Orchard = $2000 CL (opened 04/2007)

Inquiries = 5 (before applying for barclaycard)

3 installment account being rated; 30 day late = 1.4 years ago on installment account

Hopefully this helps a few of you gague your chance of approval...

I do have a few of questions though...

(1) With that score and history, should I try to contact Barclay and ask for a larger initial credit limit?

(2) For those of you that have the card, how often do they do credit line increases?

(3) Is Barclay considered a prime card such as BofA or Citi? I really dislike my Capital One and Orchard Bank cards (subprime)

Thanks Everyone!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Approved - TU / Question on CLI

Unfortunately the particular card you app with Barclays has a history of rather low limit approvals regardless of scores.  I doubt if the CLI on the Apple financing card will be too impressive but you could give it a try.  

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 25
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

score_building, is there a better Barclays card you would recommed that would give a higher limit?

Thanks

Message 3 of 25
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Call for a recon, they should give you one with little issues.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 25
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

RE: ngerasimatos "Call for a recon, they should give you one with little issues."

Thanks ngerasimatos... I called the customer service number 866-483-3735 and asked to speak with an account manager to review my application. After reviewing my application and credit report, I was approved for an initial CL of $4000.00!

score_building was right, this card is mainly used as a "large puchase" card (such as the purchase of a new apple computer), but after a quick discussion with the account manager on how I intended to use the card, he had no issues increasing the CL.

Thank for the help everyone!

Message 5 of 25
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Awesome. They are a great company, thats for sure.

800+ Club
Message 6 of 25
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

I was thinking of purchasing a MacBook Pro, just curious as to their credit requirements, any insight would be great..Ya know fico scores they look for, what they like to see on CR's, what they don't like to see, etc....Any info would be helpful

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 7 of 25
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I can tell you this, they only pull TU and are flexible on scores, however they dont like to see lots of recent inqs or high util. If denied, call for a recon via the tellie and if they can do anything to approve you, they will.

800+ Club
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang read my post about my Gconomy Card denied, so i shouldnt of recond via mail, i felt i had to simply to show that the crediotors that promised to delete the anuthorized inqs. would be neeeded DO they have a fax line??

Message 9 of 25
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I would call, not fax.

800+ Club
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.