Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival (AF) Redemption

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival (AF) Redemption

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Awesome guys, I'm about to redeem my 54k points too.

@B335is wrote:

Any idea how Arrival redemption compares to Chase UR?  

Well in my opinion its much easier to redeem with Barclays Arrival because of the fact you make the charges on your own then after they post you just log on your account and pick the charges you'd like to reimburst yourself for. With chase its not like that, you can just do statement credits or if you wanted to book travel you have to book them before you go on your travel via the chase UR. With Barclays you also get 10% of your redeemed points back if used on travel, if you do not use your points on travel then you can to do statements credits as well however the points become worth much less then if you redeemed for travel. The only thing better with Chase UR points is that you are able to transfer them to other programs. IMO Barclays is much easier, book your ticket or hotel room, then in a couple days log in your account and reimurst yourself and a statement credit appears, simple.

Yes, Barclays is simple and awesome!

BTW, @Meltdownblitz, you have a set of very nice cards!

Message 11 of 15
bribro
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Well in my opinion its much easier to redeem with Barclays Arrival because of the fact you make the charges on your own then after they post you just log on your account and pick the charges you'd like to reimburst yourself for. With chase its not like that, you can just do statement credits or if you wanted to book travel you have to book them before you go on your travel via the chase UR. With Barclays you also get 10% of your redeemed points back if used on travel, if you do not use your points on travel then you can to do statements credits as well however the points become worth much less then if you redeemed for travel. The only thing better with Chase UR points is that you are able to transfer them to other programs. IMO Barclays is much easier, book your ticket or hotel room, then in a couple days log in your account and reimurst yourself and a statement credit appears, simple.

That "only thing" is huge though, and can often allow you to get the equivalent of 10%+ cash back. The Barclay's Arrival card is no doubt the simpler card, but you can get much, much more bang for your buck with the CSP if you use your points right. As with most things, it all depends on the individual.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 12 of 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Barclays is AWESOME! The payment I made to a travel agent in Costa Rica somehow didn't get classified correctly. At first Barclay's wasn't going to allow me to redeem miles towards this purchase due to classifcation error.

But they changed their mind and are entering a manual redemption.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Message 13 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@bribro wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

That "only thing" is huge though, and can often allow you to get the equivalent of 10%+ cash back. The Barclay's Arrival card is no doubt the simpler card, but you can get much, much more bang for your buck with the CSP if you use your points right. As with most things, it all depends on the individual.

Thanks bribro, that's exactly what I was wondering.  I have no doubt the Barclays process is simple, I was really wondering how far 1 point goes on each respective card.

Message 14 of 15
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Thank you DigitalArk, I suppose financial responsibility and hard work pays off. I started with a few grand in debt on mostly store cards to where I am now in 2-3 years, thank you to all the friendly people and useful information here!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.