Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Approval!

@SnackTrader wrote:
The HP is unfortunate, but perhaps if I find some time on Friday morning I will give them a call to see what can happen with a soft pull. If its a no go, I can wait for CLis or re-evaluate and ask for an HP in 6 months. I have more than enough credit available right now to achieve my FICO goals, and I don't actually use the CLs anyway haha. I always pay my balances to zero by the due date because I refuse to live in anything but a cash-only financial position. The difference between what i do now and what I did 12 months ago is that I gain rewards now. Smiley Happy

Thanks to all of you for continuing to provide a wealth of knowledge for my use!

Very big congrats to keeping your finances in control! Smiley Very Happy
This should be the ultimate goal for everyone on this forums. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 29
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader
You will have a far better chance at no HP CL recon if you call early in the morning as opposed to waiting a few days. Just my thoughts. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 22 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sho nuff @kippie!
You know I'll post about it once I get to that point! Waiting to open a new account after my 3xcli Amex due in < 2 weeks!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 29
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 24 of 29
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

For the purposes of easily tracking information, here are the updates from this application:

Got home today from a few nights on the road and found my new Arrival card waiting for me. Nothing special looking, but the documentation included my APR (18.99%) and credit bureau information. Barclays pulled Transunion as expected, and my FICO was reported as 752.

I never called to get a CLI, I figured I would use this card a lot and might see some auto CLIs anyway. I'm in no rush.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. If you have questions, ask away!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 25 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG a nice pcs of mail to come home to

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 29
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
For the purposes of easily tracking information, here are the updates from this application:

Got home today from a few nights on the road and found my new Arrival card waiting for me. Nothing special looking, but the documentation included my APR (18.99%) and credit bureau information. Barclays pulled Transunion as expected, and my FICO was reported as 752.

I never called to get a CLI, I figured I would use this card a lot and might see some auto CLIs anyway. I'm in no rush.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. If you have questions, ask away!

Thanks for posting this and including your score. I have my eyes on this card for Sept or more likely Dec 2013.

I'm surprised they gave you 18.99% with a TU 752. I would've thought a score like that would qualify for 14.99%.

Message 27 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Thanks for posting this and including your score. I have my eyes on this card for Sept or more likely Dec 2013.

I'm surprised they gave you 18.99% with a TU 752. I would've thought a score like that would qualify for 14.99%.

My score was around 750ish as well when I got approved and they gave me 14.99%.

I am guessing it was mostly due to the fact that I had 0 inquiries on my TU report.

I wish I knew how they determine which APR bracket applicants fall under. I got the lowest APR terms for all of my cards except Discover. They gave me 18% when I had 0 inquiries on my EQ as well. Score on EQ was around 750ish too Smiley Mad

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 28 of 29
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

GRRR to them! This is good info, though.

I have an old inquiry (from 12/2011) falling off TU in December and then I will have none on TU. I'm thinking best time to app is after that.

Plus, by then, my three recent TL (opened this month) will have 6 months under their belts.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.