Reply
Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV


lhcole77 wrote:

Enharu: any word yet on whether Barclays is allowing PC on Arrival from AF to No AF card?


i haven't asked them yet.

probably will do so in march

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
DigitalArk
Posts: 1,241
Registered: ‎07-07-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV

I have talked to two different reps. Yes, you can downgrade it to the no AF one.


Regular Contributor
nois
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV

Just got off the phone with Barclay after opening an Arrival account - I requested a chip & PIN or chip & sig Arrival card and was informed that it is not yet available. However, Lisa the rep. said ALL credit cards will be mandatory chip & PIN/signature by October 2015. Has anyone else heard this?


FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV

Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
nois
Posts: 121
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV


Duncanrr wrote:
Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.

Oh thanks! I hadn't read about ADC.


FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Valued Contributor
efranklin23
Posts: 1,547
Registered: ‎11-14-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV


nois wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.

Oh thanks! I hadn't read about ADC.


I know if you open an Barclays account in the UK, you can request an EMV Chip & Pin here through the American Bank. I had a friend do that.

$13.5K$7K6K$15K$5K1K
$5K

EQ-659 TU-676 EX-705 (as of 8-15-14)
Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 8,036
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Arrival EMV


efranklin23 wrote:

nois wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
Yes. Oct 2015 is the date that ADC ("account data compromise") relief takes 100% effect. The importance of this is that liability of fraudulent activities shift to merchants that at least 95% of its MasterCard transactions is processed on EMV devices.

Oh thanks! I hadn't read about ADC.


I know if you open an Barclays account in the UK, you can request an EMV Chip & Pin here through the American Bank. I had a friend do that.


Wonder if the same is true with Cap One.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}