Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival Plus - Should I apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Arrival Plus - Should I apply

Hello, I'm currently holding an arrival card from Barclays that I got approved (with recon) about 3 months ago. Right now I want an arrival plus, what are the chances that I will get approved?

My TU has 2 recent inquries within the last 3 months and another 1 about 6 months ago. There's 7 inquiries that's older than 1 year not sure if they affect the decision of credit.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Arrival Plus - Should I apply

Call them and see if you can pc it to the plus
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might have to have the card for 6 months or a year
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

like rolltide said, wait 6 months. when I tried to pc one month old rewards card to arrival, regular customer service rep told me that they don't pc cards, and I had to apply for arrival.

If I was you, I would call recon line (not regular customer service line) and ask if you can convert arrival to arrival plus, there's a chance that they might do it, or they might tell you to apply for arrival plus as well.

Message 4 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I personally wouldn't PC the arrival to arrival + . One of the biggest advantages of arrival + is signup bonus of 40k points. If you are not getting those points I think card loses  an lot of its value. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I personally wouldn't PC the arrival to arrival + . One of the biggest advantages of arrival + is signup bonus of 40k points. If you are not getting those points I think card loses  an lot of its value. 

+1

Without the signup bonus, you're basically paying $89 for a fidelity amex or citi double cash with specific redemption categories. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.