Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival & Ring Cards Not Currently Available For New Sign Ups

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival & Ring Cards Not Currently Available For New Sign Ups

I never believed Ring was going anywhere. That's one of their best cards! I agree with Irish. Doctor of Credit really sets off alarms sometimes in the world of credit cards. Isn't he the one that said Chase co-branded cards would be included in 5/24 in April? I picked up United Explorer just fine. Lol
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
I never believed Ring was going anywhere. That's one of their best cards! I agree with Irish. Doctor of Credit really sets off alarms sometimes in the world of credit cards. Isn't he the one that said Chase co-branded cards would be included in 5/24 in April? I picked up United Explorer just fine. Lol

That was him

Message 12 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree that the Doctor needs to turn down the paranoia. A simple website update doesn't have to turn into "omg more arrival nerfs". They haven't even finished rolling out last years changes to all card members. Bloggers need to use logic before they post.
Message 13 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It was Dr. of credit that started rumor of chase 24x5 rule on co-branded through trusted sources which the date has came and gone and another mistake on jumping the gun on Barclay's.  Without proof one should probably keep it quiet or he is only hurting his site/reputation as a blogger or whatever he is

Message 14 of 19
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I highly doubt they are going to tone it down. The panic inducing, clickbait articles bring in too many views for them to stop now. It's way too easy to publish the article now and ask questions/verify resources later, especially when there's not much credibility to protect. I don't read from Doctor of Credit (nor the New York Times for that matter), and I doubt I ever will because there's virtually zero accountability for their claims. This is what tends to happen when the goal isn't so much to inform as it is to motivate action and/or uproar, such as with the threat of the expansion of the 5/24 rule for Chase cards. 

I mean, how difficult would it have been to verify with a Barclaycard representative on the status of their credit products to include in your article? It would've been a nice gesture for readers. 

Message 15 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

I highly doubt they are going to tone it down. The panic inducing, clickbait articles bring in way too many views for them to stop now. It's way too easy to publish the article now and ask questions/verify resources later, especially when there's not much credibility to protect. I don't read from Doctor of Credit (nor the New York Times for that matter), and I doubt I ever will because there's virtually zero accountability for their claims. This is what tends to happen when the goal isn't so much to inform as it is to motivate action and/or uproar, such as with the threat of the expansion of the 5/24 rule for Chase cards. 

I mean, how difficult would it have been to verify with a Barclaycard representative on the status of their credit products to include in your article? It would've been a nice gesture for readers. 

This!!!! You hit that nail square on the head. It's all about generating traffic and not so much to ACCURATELY inform.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really a shame because DoC was reliable and had great info. I even pointed some MyFico users his way for card info. But the super secret anonymous source claiming 5/24 was coming to cobrand cards set off all of my BS detector alarms and I haven't visited him since he made that call.

I wonder how much in referral revenue he pulled in for that stunt.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Update:  I just got an official update from the from the Barclay Ring Community Manager and she mentioned (paraphrased here) that they are updating their applications process, so Ring apps are temporarily down until all updates are complete, at which time the Ring will be available to apply for once more  Smiley Happy  So it looks like kdm and other posters were right on the money there about the card status, again thanks for everyone's input!

Thanks for the update galahad15! I was starting to wonder if they were going to discontinue the Ring card since their giveback and financial stats always seem to show them in the negative when it comes to profits on this card. Perhaps they're revamping their app process to raise the approval standards in an effort to cut down on defaults? Or maybe lowering the standards in hopes of getting more customers?

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love these boards. That is all...Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.