Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival and Arrival+

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival and Arrival+

I just called today to cancel my Arrival +. I've put approx. $40k of spending on it in the past 12 months and they made no effort whatsoever to try to get me to keep it, so read into that what you will but I've heard they don't offer any retention bonuses anyway so it's probably not unusual.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 11 of 47
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I did notice that Barclays is no longer pushing the Arrivals cards on any ol the credit card sites. And on some sites it lists the Arrivals offers as no longer available. My wife just got her Barclays Arrival + card but her initial CL of 5k was low compared to what Cap One is handing out these days.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just app'd for the Arrival + with no issues.  

Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

I did notice that Barclays is no longer pushing the Arrivals cards on any ol the credit card sites. And on some sites it lists the Arrivals offers as no longer available. My wife just got her Barclays Arrival + card but her initial CL of 5k was low compared to what Cap One is handing out these days.

True.  Mine was only 10k.  I'm thinking it will grow over the next 2 yrs.  They treat me good.  

Message 14 of 47
noobody
Established Contributor

In the world of DC, these fixed points "travel" cards with AF (ie arrival+,venture) became worthless for most people beyond first year.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 15 of 47
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

They're a bit clueless with the positioning of their offers, it seems.

So they have a very small range of card on their "Find the right card" page, http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/compare It says, "See all of our cards", which they clearly don't mean !

Then there's the kinda-sorta-main page that allows users to access their online accounts but nothing much otherwise. That's https://www.barclaycardus.com.

If you are able to navigate through their banners on the page above, which keep changing from time to time, you finally get here: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/aboutbarclaycardus/prodsresource_products.html which while not comprehensive, provides at least a better idea of their products. No Sallie Mae, though UPromise is there.

Message 16 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

They're a bit clueless with the positioning of their offers, it seems.

So they have a very small range of card on their "Find the right card" page, http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/compare It says, "See all of our cards", which they clearly don't mean !

Then there's the kinda-sorta-main page that allows users to access their online accounts but nothing much otherwise. That's https://www.barclaycardus.com.

If you are able to navigate through their banners on the page above, which keep changing from time to time, you finally get here: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/aboutbarclaycardus/prodsresource_products.html which while not comprehensive, provides at least a better idea of their products. No Sallie Mae, though UPromise is there.

I'm shown a serious list of these cards when I go to log in.  Very tempting.................

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to noobody's comment. I had the Arrival+ for the sign up bonus and downgraded to no fee version after a year. It's marketed as a "travel card" but in reality it's a 1.1% cash back card that can be used to get 2.2% only if you have travel related expenses (and even then you're limited to $25 increments) I saw little point in paying the $89 AF when Citi and Fidelity give you 2% on anything and with no fee to deal with.

Either go with a true miles earning card that transfers at a competitive rate into airline or hotel programs, or get one of the several strong cash back cards. I don't see where the Arrival fits, really, especially with an AF.
Message 18 of 47
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Both Arrival+ and Venture to me are the most overrated cards around. Why would you pay a fee for a restricted 2% back when other cards offer it unrestricted and free?

The explosive popularity of Venture really threw me off. Yes I get the large limit thing but what good is a large limit on a fairly useless card? To each their own I guess
Message 19 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
+1 to noobody's comment. I had the Arrival+ for the sign up bonus and downgraded to no fee version after a year. It's marketed as a "travel card" but in reality it's a 1.1% cash back card that can be used to get 2.2% only if you have travel related expenses (and even then you're limited to $25 increments) I saw little point in paying the $89 AF when Citi and Fidelity give you 2% on anything and with no fee to deal with.

Either go with a true miles earning card that transfers at a competitive rate into airline or hotel programs, or get one of the several strong cash back cards. I don't see where the Arrival fits, really, especially with an AF.

The Arrival has a niche, if you do a lot of foreign transactions and/or spend more than $40K on it (when the extra .22% outweighs the AF).and have travel to redeem   Venture only makes sense i(after first year) f you have $12K in foreign expenses compared to say the Quicksilver.

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.