Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Arrival vs AmEx Delta SkyMiles Gold

tag
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Arrival vs AmEx Delta SkyMiles Gold

Well, I just might apply for both the Gold Delta SkyMiles and the Barclaycard Arrival.

The Amex has a 50,000 point sign up bonus going for it now (just refreshed the page a few moments ago and it said 30-35,000 yesterday), and I can use the Arrival for the hotel and car rental.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@titanofold
The 50k bonus offer sounds great. IMO, If your profile supports it and you don't have duplicate cards, I'd say double up on the cards for combined HP. Two Barclay and two Amex (Delta + charge, PRG, Platinum). The platinum card is currently being talked about for the 100k bonus, so you can rack up tons of transfer miles. My $0.02. Goodluck!
Message 12 of 13
titanofold
Established Contributor

I'd like to get an Amex charge card for some/most of my monthly bills. It'd be nice to get some kind of bonus off those.

I could do the Barclycard Rewards, but I only have 1 utility I can pay with it: An electric bill less than $100 each month.

And now the Amex Platinum Charge looks like it only offers 40,000 points as a sign up bonus after meeting a spend minimum, that I don't think I could reasonably do along with the other minimum spend on the Arrival.

I could add myself as an AU on 2 more of my wife's TLs to offset the AAoA hit.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.