Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard CLI without HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard CLI without HP?

Has anyone asked for and recieved a CLI from Barclays without a HP? I inquired about a CLI with a CSR and he informed that they don't CLI wihtout a HP, ever. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard CLI without HP?

Call the retention department and see if they have a SP CLI available for you

Message 2 of 19
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone asked for and recieved a CLI from Barclays without a HP? I inquired about a CLI with a CSR and he informed that they don't CLI wihtout a HP, ever. 

Is your card outside of the 0% APR promo?

If yes, then do the following:

1) Call Barclay CSR. Ask for APR reduction

2) You'll get transferred to credit analyst. Ask them for APR reduction

3) If your profile has grown since you got your card / last CLI, you'll get some reduction unless you're at rock bottom APR

4) Once done with APR reduction, ask to check if some SP CLI offers are around.

A couple of months ago a good number of people managed SP CLIs this way including yours truly.

Never believe a CC CSR. 

Message 3 of 19
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I recently requested a CLI on my US Air card I got around December and I was granted a 6.5k CLI. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not received a HP yet.  I was told it would be, but have not seen a pull show up. I think my case is the exception, not the rule with Barclay though.  

Message 4 of 19
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

3) If your profile has grown since you got your card / last CLI, you'll get some reduction unless you're at rock bottom APR

A couple of months ago a good number of people managed SP CLIs this way including yours truly.

Never believe a CC CSR. 

LOL! Exactly what happened a week ago for me. Credit analyst is the way to go. 

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Never believe a CC CSR. 

Thanks Goshida, 

When I ask for the APR reduction, chances are the CSR will either throw me a bone or say "no." At that point shoud I specificaly ask for a credit anayst or should I threaten to close my account and deal with retention? My Barcays provided FICO has me at 790 and the account is several years old.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will transfer you, they have no choice IF you are out of the promo period (if there was any)

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

PResearch this topic and found this thread. I just attempted to follow the directions provided and was transferred to two different CSR ours who were unwilling to transfer me to a credit analyst. I open my Barclay card rewards MasterCard on January 28, 2015. It offered no intro APR in my APR is 24.99%. I have used this card monthly to pay my garage electric bill which is typically $20-$30 a month and then I pay that balance off about a week later. Maybe I should've let the balance report for the statement them paid. I just subscribe to myFICO three credit monitoring reports and scores. Also, Barclay provides your TU FIC08 monthly. I am assuming that use the score in their approval in CLI on my decisions. According to Barclay my TU Fico08 was 656 on January 19 man has improved 270 656 on January 19th Ln. has improved to 703 as of July 27th. myFICO last update has my score at 704. My score has improved by 47 or 48 points since I've gotten the card 6.21 months ago. I love spreadsheets.

I was shooting for two things when I got to the credit analyst. First was an APR reduction in the second was a soft pull credit limit increase. Is there a back door number for existing cardmembers to speak with credit analysts to avoid the CSR's who are unwilling to directly transfer me?

Is my usage just too low to for them to lower my APR or give me a credit limit increase?

Prune got this card to get in with Berkeley. I only got this card to get into the door with Barclay so that I could get a better card of theirs in the future easier. even without considering the high APR of this card, this is the worst part I have my wallet is the point system suck and so far customer service too.

If you call a CSR nearest close your account do they just do it or do they send you to a special department like a retention department? Or sometimes they do sometimes they don't. The 25% APR, which is the highest of any of my cards by far and the tiny $1000 credit limit, which is among the lowest of the 12 cards I have excluding the retail card I regrettably have. I will update my signature later to reflect my current scores, cards, accounts, balances and limits. I have updated it for a while.

Thanks in advance for anyone you can provide any insight and tips for my situation .
Message 8 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

Good info guys about the Apr reduction and Sp cli info.Its been 3 months since my last Cli with barclays hard pull for sure. and also. since my Tu has jumped 56 points with my last Baddie gone. Should i try this trick or wait even longer? i know they see the new score as my fico has increased 3 times since my last cli. just wondering the wait in between time for cli's

Message 9 of 19
c32knight
New Contributor

Well i just called the 2 backdoor numbers i had found for barclays. The first asked how long my account had been open, when i responded 3 years, he said it would require a hard pull. The second number said they have a policy of only doing an increase with a hard pull. I havent tried contacting the retention dept yet. I requested an APR decrease from them a month ago. Currently have a 9k credit line with them.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.