Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard FICO

I've read that Barclaycard is doing a FICO score but I've also seen in card reviews that it's 24/7 access to your FICO score, does that mean it updates daily rather than the monthly FICO score (such as Discover)?  I don't have a Barclaycard but have been considering them for awhile.  If it's a constantly updated score then I'd probably be more apt to apply.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
SayHey
Established Member

Re: Barclaycard FICO

Nope.  It updates about every ten weeks unless there is a major change to your profile. 

Message 2 of 20
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@SayHey wrote:

Nope.  It updates about every ten weeks unless there is a major change to your profile. 

This has been my experience with it -- but you can view that only-updating-once-every-10-weeks-unless-there's-a-"significant"-change score 24/7. Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 20
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, 24/7 access just means that you can log in anytime and see the latest score they provided. 

Message 4 of 20
Fizzled
Valued Member

I just got the arrival+ card. First Fico08 transunion score I've received. Apparently my TU is 833. Wooo!

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score on their site increased about 2 weeks after I had the card but its still relatively new to me so maybe thats why?

Message 6 of 20
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read that Barclaycard is doing a FICO score but I've also seen in card reviews that it's 24/7 access to your FICO score, does that mean it updates daily rather than the monthly FICO score (such as Discover)?  I don't have a Barclaycard but have been considering them for awhile.  If it's a constantly updated score then I'd probably be more apt to apply.  Thanks!

In my experience, Barclay's updates your score once a month (after your statement closes) if there is a "significant" change on your credit profile. How the word "significant" is defined, noone really knows - at least I don't!

If you are looking for constant updates, from what I hear, Walmart (yes walmart) and Discover have similar FICO product for TU08 and they udpate regularly. 

24/7 access simply means, as others have pointed out, that you can log on anytime to see it. But that doesn't mean you can request the updated score 24/7. You can simply see it 24/7.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 7 of 20
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

My Barclaycard Rewards updates every 2 months so far... I've had the card for 6 months.. 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 8 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@IamB2 wrote:

If you are looking for constant updates, from what I hear, Walmart (yes walmart) and Discover have similar FICO product for TU08 and they udpate regularly. 

Discover doesn't constantly update either.  It's about once a month.  Seems to be a few days after close.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU score (via the Barclay Arrival+) updates like clockwork every 2 months/statement cuts.  I do not know how they classify "significant changes to your credit report" because mine has been stable or unchanged for some time yet I get updates of 3 point gain here....2 point gain there.  Definitely, nothing significant score-wise.

Regardless, I am very glad to get this score free and I wish every card had this perk.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.