Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Gets Axed

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

I just got this barclaycard it is the first real credit card company to give me a chance. I think its a great card with no annual fee 2% cash back on gas, supermarket, and utilites and 1% on anything else. Then adding free tu 08 fico score on top of that how can you go wrong? Just let the inq fall off and try again for a cli?  The only time I see where its worth to close a card is if there is an annual fee or its a card that does not have any rewards at all. Idk maybe that's just me but maybe 3 or 4 years down the road you might want the arrival card. Approval would be a lot easier if you can build more history with a company. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 21 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed - Update

@Jasir wrote:

Barclaycard is off the chopping block. They CLI'd me from $750 to $2050, SP.  Pleasant surprise and keeps them in my line-up.

As most others had chimed in your original post, now you see what a little time can do for a lender and obtaining the CLI?   Often times you can't let emotions clout the overall scheme of things, it's just plain business.  Now you have the extra room to use the card accordingly.

Message 22 of 30
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@ptilda wrote:

I'm actually on my break ... at Comcast, where I am employed as a private in his army of leeches! hehe... let me know if you need inside information on our best deals Smiley Wink

Is it even possible to remove services from comcast.com? They have lots of ways to add on more features, but i cant figure out how to remove features I no longer wish to pay for... I have Two "free" digital converter boxes that aren't even conected anymore, yet I still am paying $2 each for service...

Or maybe I need someone higher up than Private Leech. Is Major Bloodshed available? Or does this require speaking to the Comcast Billing Vampires?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

I'm actually on my break ... at Comcast, where I am employed as a private in his army of leeches! hehe... let me know if you need inside information on our best deals Smiley Wink

Is it even possible to remove services from comcast.com? They have lots of ways to add on more features, but i cant figure out how to remove features I no longer wish to pay for... I have Two "free" digital converter boxes that aren't even conected anymore, yet I still am paying $2 each for service...

Or maybe I need someone higher up than Private Leech. Is Major Bloodshed available? Or does this require speaking to the Comcast Billing Vampires?

LMAO!!!  So true and so many horror stories about Comcast.

Message 24 of 30
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

As most others had chimed in your original post, now you see what a little time can do for a lender and obtaining the CLI?   Often times you can't let emotions clout the overall scheme of things, it's just plain business.  Now you have the extra room to use the card accordingly.

I am not sure why so many people insist I was being emotional, lol. (I almost feel like there is no point in having a discusion if people will just disregard what you say). I was being practical. I have 6 credit cards -- 2 more than I prefer to manage. That means at least one, perhaps two would get axed at some point. Barclay gave me reason to consider closing them--they weren't growing quickly enough to warrant my continued investment; it was purely a business decision on my part as much as it was on Barclay's. I closed Capital One purely for practical reasons 6 months prior and I have SD Walmart for practical reasons. I rarely let emotions influence my financial relationships (not with big business anyway; personal relationships is another matter).

FinStar, I do appreciate the message you are getting across: don't act hastily. But I wasn't. I actually said if they auto-CLI increased me within the next 6 months I'd keep them. Now, the next likely candidate to go with be my Chase Slate--purely business, nothing personal.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 25 of 30
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

Would you mind sharing what your stats look like now since they did finally auto CLI you?  I'm curious because they started me at $750 as well and I'm approaching 6 months, but have lots of INQs too.

You're at the 7 month mark now?

Message 26 of 30
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

I trust AmEx before I would ever trust Barclay's... They have screwed the pooch too many times. If I have have more than a couple of new accounts, decide to let a balance report, or do anything they don't like, I would have to worry about my account being closed. They are not worth my time and they do not operate in way that makes the consumer feel trusted in any way. I don't have to constantly worry that my other cards will be declined.I used to have their iTunes Visa with a $250 CL, and they closed my account because I had too many new accounts (like 4). That's not even enough of a CL to pay for a nice dinner!
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 27 of 30
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@finstar..i work for a cable company and there are much better and cheaper options, google rabbit tv for example

Message 28 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@juggalo9er wrote:

@FinStar..i work for a cable company and there are much better and cheaper options, google rabbit tv for example

Duly noted juggalo9er... thanks for the insight!

Message 29 of 30
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

Would you mind sharing what your stats look like now since they did finally auto CLI you?  I'm curious because they started me at $750 as well and I'm approaching 6 months, but have lots of INQs too.

You're at the 7 month mark now?

Sure. I opened 2 new accounts in November: Amex and Discover: those liklely were not reporting yet when Barclaycard gave the CLI.

So the way my stats may have looked looked is:

Chase: 100% utlization (BT'd from Walmart & Barclaycard)

Barclay Rewards: 13% utilization

Bank of America: 0% utilization

Walmart: 0% utilization

INQ: 14 on TU (who Barclays pulls and my highest of all 3 bureaus)

Not to confuse the situation, but if the auto-CLI came before the BT was showing on file (I doubt it because Chase updates quickly I think), this is what they would have seen to base the auto-increase on:

Chase: 0% utilization

Barclay Rewards: 13% utilization

Bank of America: 0% utilization

Walmart: 70% utilization

INQ: 14

I'm actually in my 6th statement period. I asked for my CLI at the end of November a few days before my 6th statement. Got denied. You know the rest.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.