Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

Lol @ blood sucking Comcast. I did consider just SDing it indefinitely or as a back-up emergency card, just making a small purchase every 3 months. I don't worry about AAOA because I don't intend to be apping for any more cards (I really only want to manage 3 or 4). Me only wanting so few cards is why I spent all those INQ on BoA, Chase, Discover & Amex -- because they are prime and can't think of any other card that is better suited for me than those (Citi for a minute but decided, nah!). Of course, if I come across a no AF card with 2% everywhere point structure I'd check it out and see who else can be replaced, lol!



Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $5000 - Bank of America Better Balance: $1000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed


Jasir wrote:

Lol @ blood sucking Comcast. I did consider just SDing it indefinitely or as a back-up emergency card, just making a small purchase every 3 months. I don't worry about AAOA because I don't intend to be apping for any more cards (I really only want to manage 3 or 4). Me only wanting so few cards is why I spent all those INQ on BoA, Chase, Discover & Amex -- because they are prime and can't think of any other card that is better suited for me than those (Citi for a minute but decided, nah!). Of course, if I come across a no AF card with 2% everywhere point structure I'd check it out and see who else can be replaced, lol!


Fidelity Amex? 2% across the board.

 

Anyhow, just keep the card for a little longer and see if the situation improves. Otherwise, just run some small charges every few months to keep it open until you find something better.

 

You can also consider setting up automatic payment in full on this card. That way you really don't have to manage this card at all since it's just going to take money out of your bank account automatically.

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor
Posts: 673
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

If you don't need the card why are you upset at not getting the CLI? And if they give you the CLI you would change your mind and use it? I'm just a bit confused as this doesn't make sense to me. Just as a suggestion maybe you are taking a CLI denial a little too personal. Don't let that get to you.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

[ Edited ]

compassion101 wrote:

If you don't need the card why are you upset at not getting the CLI? And if they give you the CLI you would change your mind and use it? I'm just a bit confused as this doesn't make sense to me. Just as a suggestion maybe you are taking a CLI denial a little too personal. Don't let that get to you.


I am not upset. I never said I was and haven't behaved as if I am. I am am disappointed, certainly, but I am not taking this personally. This is a business and I am the consumer--the lenders need me more than I need them.  Therefore, I am aiming to have my portfolio work to my greatest benefit--not Barclays'. Really not sure why the option of keeping the card and using it if Barclay auto-CLI confuses you (that was the goal after all), but the ideal (for most of us) is to be in a lender-consumer relationship where our good financial practices are rewarded with more financial trust in the form of CLIs commensurate with our ability to repay.

 

If Barclay had said "your income is too low to honor an CLI" I would have been OK with that; yet, they are saying "too many inquiries" and "lets see you pay us more" even though I've paid on time and considerably more than the minimum each month. That is an indication to me of what to expect from Barclay for the next year at least. My other cards have all granted CLI within 6 months at my request--I appreciate that as a consumer and it gives me confidence that my CLs will continue to grow with proper management and time. Barclay may be just one step up from Capital One regarding CLIs and frankly I feel I'm at least five steps above that type of dickering.



Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $5000 - Bank of America Better Balance: $1000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,883
Registered: ‎10-03-2008
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

[ Edited ]

As we know credit is a game. My account with a department store was closed due to inactivity after three years with Barclays. I had one of their mastercards $1,200 CL reduced to $500 CL after six months of account opening with the reason "I was not utilizing the account enough". As has been stated, I believe credit is a two way street and when a lendor doesn't agree well maybe it is time to look elsewhere and I closed my big $500 CL account and never went back to Barclays. Funny and interesting how lendors profile us and it is hard to get them to adjust their thinking (not impossible but tough).

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: EX 806 TU 817 EQ 818 FICO 08
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,854
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed


Jasir wrote:

compassion101 wrote:

If you don't need the card why are you upset at not getting the CLI? And if they give you the CLI you would change your mind and use it? I'm just a bit confused as this doesn't make sense to me. Just as a suggestion maybe you are taking a CLI denial a little too personal. Don't let that get to you.


I am not upset. I never said I was and haven't behaved as if I am. I am am disappointed, certainly, but I am not taking this personally. This is a business and I am the consumer--the lenders need me more than I need them.  Therefore, I am aiming to have my portfolio work to my greatest benefit--not Barclays'. Really not sure why the option of keeping the card and using it if Barclay auto-CLI confuses you (that was the goal after all), but the ideal (for most of us) is to be in a lender-consumer relationship where our good financial practices are rewarded with more financial trust in the form of CLIs commensurate with our ability to repay.

 


While I agree with most of your post, the lenders clearly don't need you more than you need them unless you are a very profitable customer.   Neither of you will miss the other, and that's fine!

Regular Contributor
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed


longtimelurker wrote:

Jasir wrote:


This is a business and I am the consumer--the lenders need me more than I need them.


While I agree with most of your post, the lenders clearly don't need you more than you need them unless you are a very profitable customer.   Neither of you will miss the other, and that's fine!


It may just be a case of semantics, but I disagree for this reason: a business cannot thrive without consumers. However, consumers often can find what they need at other businesses. So when I say "the lenders need me" I am speaking generally, as in "lenders need us." Too often we sell ourselves short and discount our own power. Yes, I am only one person but I've seen businesses fail as one person after another stopped patronizing them. So Barclays needs me more than I need them. In fact, I don't need credit at all to have a fruitful life; it's just a convenience I enjoy.



Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $5000 - Bank of America Better Balance: $1000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800
Regular Contributor
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎04-05-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed - Update

Barclaycard is off the chopping block. They CLI'd me from $750 to $2050, SP.  Pleasant surprise and keeps them in my line-up.



Amex BCE: $6000 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $5000 - Bank of America Better Balance: $1000 - Barclaycard Rewards: $3350 - Capital One Quicksilver: $5000 - Chase Freedom: $1700 - Discover IT: $1200 - Walmart Store: $800
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,316
Registered: ‎07-17-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed - Update

Nice!!! They are a fickle bunch aren't they?!! Craziness:smileyhappy: congrats though!
(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)--->04/07/15- EQ 647,EX 668,TU 649
$142,900 avail credit- plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%
Established Contributor
Posts: 533
Registered: ‎11-30-2013
0

Re: Barclaycard Gets Axed

I'm actually on my break ... at Comcast, where I am employed as a private in his army of leeches! hehe... let me know if you need inside information on our best deals :smileywink:

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.