cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard....Horrible Card

Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card


NewtoCredit80 wrote:

Well I would recommend that you now garden for 6 months and then apply for either a Amex or a GE card. Both have generous cli policies. Once you have good limits on any those cards then take an HP and apply cli on Chase freedom. Chase sometimes tries to match the existing credit limits. You now need to garden for 6 months. I am also planning to stay in garden for a year.

 


That is the plan, I just got a card from my CU for $2500 and that will be the last one for a while.

MYFICO SCORES: 06/2013 = 697 (TU) - 06/2013 = 685 (EQ) - 06/2013 = 666 (EX)

Capital One Quicksilver $2500 (07/2013) Walmart Credit Card $550 (06/2013) Barclaycard Rewards $1300 (06/2013) Chase Freedom $1500 (06/3013) Chase Amazon $500 (7/2013) TTCU $2500 (7/2013)
Jcrew $650 (06/2013) Express $500 (06/2013) Victoria Secret $350 (06/2013) Macys $300 (08/2013) Phillips 66 CU $6000 (08/2013) Capital One Venture $5000 (10/2013) Discover IT $1000 (10/2013) Chase Disney $1500 (10/2013)

DENIED: BOFA Unsecured (06/2013, EX)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card

If they cancel my card or CLD me it will be a cold day in H&LL before I ever darken their doorstep again. At that point they would not deserve any of my business. Very smug of them to say "come back in 6 months".

 

Several inquiries since I received their card. Just waiting for them to make their move.

 

 

 

 

Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card


Matt6995 wrote:

If they cancel my card or CLD me it will be a cold day in H&LL before I ever darken their doorstep again. At that point they would not deserve any of my business. Very smug of them to say "come back in 6 months".

 

Several inquiries since I received their card. Just waiting for them to make their move.

 

 

 

 


This is a natural reaction to AA, but things might change.  Barclays is a very major world criminal organization, sorry, mean bank, and they are looking at beefing up their presence in the US markets.   They already have some good cards (e.g. Sallie Mae, US Airways, and Priceline before the nerfing) and so one day it might be worth getting their cards and playing by their rules, at least for a while!

Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card

Lol @matt...
"...darken their doorstep again"
Haha i like that.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card

no big lose. I am not real happy with what is supposed to be a "prime" bank either. The customer service is mediocre at best since most of them don't speak English. I just hate dealing with over seas call centers. And its taboo to talk about them even though Americans need jobs. I don't get it.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card


jeffery581 wrote:

no big lose. I am not real happy with what is supposed to be a "prime" bank either. The customer service is mediocre at best since most of them don't speak English. I just hate dealing with over seas call centers. And its taboo to talk about them even though Americans need jobs. I don't get it.


As Barclays is a UK multi-national, given Americans jobs doesn't rank highly on its "return value to shareholders" scale.

Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card

As Barclays is a UK multi-national, given Americans jobs doesn't rank highly on its "return value to shareholders" scale.

 

Sadly it SHOULD be if they want American money/business, I think the "screw America" attitude will not work anymore, I just dont do business with companies that dont treat me well, there are MANY more out there.....jus sayin.....

Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card


odd_dog wrote:

Sadly it SHOULD be if they want American money/business, I think the "screw America" attitude will not work anymore...


As good a reason as any to refrain from doing business with a company.  You should decide to do business or not on whatever reason you deem fitting. 

Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card


Open123 wrote:

odd_dog wrote:

Sadly it SHOULD be if they want American money/business, I think the "screw America" attitude will not work anymore...


As good a reason as any to refrain from doing business with a company.  You should decide to do business or not on whatever reason you deem fitting. 


Yes, but it's the normal economic issues.  You want American jobs at good wages, cheap prices for goods, valuable rewards and low APRs on credit cards etc.  Not all go together for global enterprises.  As Open says, decide on whatever criteria makes sense to you.

Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard....Horrible Card

I was thinking through this last night. Another possible reason may be because they are applying their credit model overseas onto their US markets. In a lot of countries, even 2-3 new accounts or inquiries will set off many red flags with all lenders, including US lenders with presence overseas, such as citi and Amex.

Credit is a lot more conservative in general in other countries.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).