Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Lowered CL Update: Closed Acct

tag
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Lowered CL Update: Closed Acct

I find the OP's initial post a fascinating data point and either a good reminder or a slap in the face to those of us trying to rebuild our credit.

I actually very much appreciate the data point.  I learned a lot.

A few months ago, I opened 4 accounts.  Wish I hadn't.  Credit score dropped and I know it is making it a challenge on getting the much more needed CLI.  This is a reminder to me that opening accounts has ongoing consequences as well.  You need to be somewhat cautious of how many new accounts you open every 6 months and every year.  I don't know what the magical number is, but apparently it is lower then 12 in 6 months.  Heck, with Chase, its 5 in a year.

It serves as a great wake up call that you can't app with impunity to your credit file.  There are consequences to a lot of things.  Based on the post, the OP clearly knew this but I think till it happens, you don't think about it much.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 31 of 36
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

image.jpg

I'm getting ready for delivery.  Wondering what to tivo up.  Like the pic though.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I really regret posting this. This has gone way beyond the topic.
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You did nothing wrong so dont regret posting.  Your post was informative and nothing more.

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I appreciate your post and the data you shared. Many of us have opened many new accounts and are following everyone else's experiences. So, thank you!

Message 35 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review. Any violations of our policies will be handled by PM.

gdale6

myFico Moderator

Off topic and nonFSR posts have been removed from this thread and as the OP has closed the account there is no longer a need for the thread to remain open therefore it will remain closed to further comments.

gdale6

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.