Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard PC Success!!!!!

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard PC Success!!!!!

Round 1: So about a month ago I wanted to pc my Rewards MC 22.9% APR for the Ring MC because of the Ring's 8% ongoing APR. I was told that this was not possible and that I would have to apply for the Ring MC separately if I wanted it bad enough. I applied and was declined because I already had the Rewards MC $4,000 CL with $0 balance and they were not prepared to offer me an additional line of credit. I called in to recon and explained that I did not want an additional line of credit and that all I wanted to do was pc from one card to the next. Again, I was told that pc was not an option. They gave me the option to close my Rewards MC and apply for the Ring but I told them that I was not prepared to sacrifice a year and a half of history just to start over with the Ring MC.

Round 2: Day before yesterday, I decided to post on the Barclaycard FB page asking about a pc and why it was not possible. Received a call yesterday from a social media team member and was told that I could probably split my CL between two cards (Rewards MC $2,000 and Ring $2,000). I said that would be ok but I would rather just pc if at all possible. The rep stated that she would make some calls and call me back with any info that she could gather. Received a call today from the same rep stating that she could get me in touch with an analyst that could get my limits split between the two cards. I get transferred over to the analyst and she's asks right off the bat if I would like my CL split between two cards or just transfer my entire CL over to the Ring (PC!!!!!).Smiley Very Happy I did take a HP in order for this pc to happen but 1 hit on TU is not going to kill my score. I have been in the garden for almost a month. Does a hp for a pc count as apping?Smiley Sad

In Conclusion: I now have my Ring MC @ 8% with a $4,000 CL and $0 Balance. I wish that I could mention the reps name that was so helpful but you can always go over to the Barclaycard FB page and read what I posted this morning.Smiley Wink

I love you social media rep mystery lady!!!  Thank you for all of your help!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard PC Success!!!!!

Congrats on a successful end but it should not have been that difficult. 

Message 2 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Congrats on a successful end but it should not have been that difficult. 

You're absolutely correct!! I think that PCs are foreign to them because the vast majority of their cards are co-branded and have different underwriting guidelines. It took a month but I have to praise the rep that finally pointed me in the right direction.
Message 3 of 12
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

congrats!  So I guess its one and done with Barclay.  I was wondering if PC to ring was possible.  Thats is terrible the hoops you had to jump through.  Well a win is a win.  So a Victory in by book congrats again.

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 4 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

congrats!  So I guess its one and done with Barclay.  I was wondering if PC to ring was possible.  Thats is terrible the hoops you had to jump through.  Well a win is a win.  So a Victory in by book congrats again.

Thanks!! You just have to talk to the right people. What are you wanting to PC from and to?
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Did they use the same HP from when you applied?

By the way... Congrats
Message 6 of 12
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

@SpecFile wrote:

@staifokuzed wrote:

Thanks!! You just have to talk to the right people. What are you wanting to PC from and to?

I have the rewards card as well.  But the Ring has looked very tempting to me.  I have only had my card since DEC 2012 and still falls under 0%.  I only have 1k so really cant untilized the zero percent.  Hopefully they will bump me up at 6 months.

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

@Lexie I wish! 36 days had passed.

@LS thanks!!
Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GOSH, Wish I could break off half of our US Air Business Card to another Card!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.