Valued Contributor

Barclaycard PC Success!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Round 1: So about a month ago I wanted to pc my Rewards MC 22.9% APR for the Ring MC because of the Ring's 8% ongoing APR. I was told that this was not possible and that I would have to apply for the Ring MC separately if I wanted it bad enough. I applied and was declined because I already had the Rewards MC $4,000 CL with $0 balance and they were not prepared to offer me an additional line of credit. I called in to recon and explained that I did not want an additional line of credit and that all I wanted to do was pc from one card to the next. Again, I was told that pc was not an option. They gave me the option to close my Rewards MC and apply for the Ring but I told them that I was not prepared to sacrifice a year and a half of history just to start over with the Ring MC.

Round 2: Day before yesterday, I decided to post on the Barclaycard FB page asking about a pc and why it was not possible. Received a call yesterday from a social media team member and was told that I could probably split my CL between two cards (Rewards MC $2,000 and Ring $2,000). I said that would be ok but I would rather just pc if at all possible. The rep stated that she would make some calls and call me back with any info that she could gather. Received a call today from the same rep stating that she could get me in touch with an analyst that could get my limits split between the two cards. I get transferred over to the analyst and she's asks right off the bat if I would like my CL split between two cards or just transfer my entire CL over to the Ring (PC!!!!!).:smileyvery-happy: I did take a HP in order for this pc to happen but 1 hit on TU is not going to kill my score. I have been in the garden for almost a month. Does a hp for a pc count as apping?:smileysad:

In Conclusion: I now have my Ring MC @ 8% with a $4,000 CL and $0 Balance. I wish that I could mention the reps name that was so helpful but you can always go over to the Barclaycard FB page and read what I posted this morning.:smileywink:

I love you social media rep mystery lady!!!  Thank you for all of your help!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard PC Success!!!!!

Congrats on a successful end but it should not have been that difficult. 

Valued Contributor

boomhower wrote:

Congrats on a successful end but it should not have been that difficult. 

You're absolutely correct!! I think that PCs are foreign to them because the vast majority of their cards are co-branded and have different underwriting guidelines. It took a month but I have to praise the rep that finally pointed me in the right direction.
Regular Contributor

congrats!  So I guess its one and done with Barclay.  I was wondering if PC to ring was possible.  Thats is terrible the hoops you had to jump through.  Well a win is a win.  So a Victory in by book congrats again.

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Valued Contributor

staifokuzed wrote:

congrats!  So I guess its one and done with Barclay.  I was wondering if PC to ring was possible.  Thats is terrible the hoops you had to jump through.  Well a win is a win.  So a Victory in by book congrats again.

Thanks!! You just have to talk to the right people. What are you wanting to PC from and to?

Did they use the same HP from when you applied?

By the way... Congrats
Regular Contributor

SpecFile wrote:

staifokuzed wrote:

Thanks!! You just have to talk to the right people. What are you wanting to PC from and to?

I have the rewards card as well.  But the Ring has looked very tempting to me.  I have only had my card since DEC 2012 and still falls under 0%.  I only have 1k so really cant untilized the zero percent.  Hopefully they will bump me up at 6 months.

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

:smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor

@Lexie I wish! 36 days had passed.

@LS thanks!!
Epic Contributor

GOSH, Wish I could break off half of our US Air Business Card to another Card!!!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
90 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.