Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Preapproved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Preapproved?

Just curious if this is a true pre-approval. I'm not going to apply for it, just trying to see where I stand. I'm currently gardening, and I guess this is the next best thing for feeding the urge to apply. Smiley Very Happy I may apply in the future, but not right now. I'm thinking it is a true pre-approval, as when I hit the T&C button it says 17.99% APR, not a range. Only thing that makes me a little leary is the "pre-selected" phrasing.

barc.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Preapproved?

I'm not entirely convinced Barclays Prequals are real. I don't get the "Accept Now" button like you do, but I do still get a set APR. Other members have reported seeing Mickey Mouse get pre approved with a set APR.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until they publicize the site, I'd treat the prequal as a work in progress and would be hesitant to give it credibility.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Besides, the Barclay card is not a prime credit card. Consumers with credit scores of low 600 to upper 600 have been approved for it. It's a good card that is limited to groceries, gas and utilities for 2X cash back.

I'm not excited about the card, but it's better than the Barclay Apple Rewards which I had and recently successfully changed to the Barclay Rewards.

It is definitely not a card designed to carry a balance. APR is 24.99%

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay is subprime? First I heard of that.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

johnnyconsumer wrote:
Barclay is subprime? First I heard of that.

My opinion. And I already provided the reason why. Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

The APR on the Rewards card can vary; mine's 19.99%.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 11
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Okay kids, there are 2 versions of this card and of course varying APR's.  Mine is 14.99  a WMC with an 18 month 0% offer  and then there's that 24.99% one with a 6 month BT or more.Smiley Surprised

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 8 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mines a WMC as well. Though my BT offer was for 12 months...

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 11
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if the Barclays is a "true" pre qual. I say this because i tried their pre-qual with changing various settings. It will give the same message of Congrats your pre-approved for these cards. It changes the cards based on the settings selected and the APR. Even changes the APR for the same card. Just my opinion. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.