cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards CC to complete my colletection?

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards CC to complete my colletection?

hi, since you can not apply usbank cash+ online anymore, i think i will move to barclaycard rewards as my next card to apply this month, so that i have a new cc with opening year of 2012.

is this card really good that must have,it offer 2% on bill payment, looks good.

I only found $100 opening offer of this card, does it offer more in the past?

does it issue world mastercard version?

I have barclay saving account with them, will this increase the chance got approved for high CL?

and the last thing, my current cc collection, total of 7 cards, and my score should between 720-740

citi dividend, citi forward, citi thankyou, chase freedom, discover more, amex bce and boa cash rewards.

thank you (O_O)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Rewards CC to complete my colletection?

Where did you find the $100 offer ? You'll get it with those scores with ease

Message 2 of 8
bs1234
Valued Member

@stone wrote:

hi, since you can not apply usbank cash+ online anymore, i think i will move to barclaycard rewards as my next card to apply this month, so that i have a new cc with opening year of 2012.

is this card really good that must have,it offer 2% on bill payment, looks good.

I only found $100 opening offer of this card, does it offer more in the past?

does it issue world mastercard version?

I have barclay saving account with them, will this increase the chance got approved for high CL?

and the last thing, my current cc collection, total of 7 cards, and my score should between 720-740

citi dividend, citi forward, citi thankyou, chase freedom, discover more, amex bce and boa cash rewards.

thank you (O_O)

This card doesn't offer 2% on bill pay in the same way as US Bank Cash Plus, this covers just utilities which I don't think include insurance.

Re CL: YMMV but they gave me the lowest CL I've had in 30 years!  Until last year I had their US Airways card, with a CL of around 19K, which I closed around Nov 2011.  In June of this year, I applied for the Rewards card and got a $4,900 CL.   They reported my score around 775, with negative factors of too many accounts with balances etc.   Shortly after, I got three other cards with limits between 14 and 20K.  So, they were much more sensitive.  This month they gave me an auto CLI to 7.2K, still my lowest.   But as I said, YMMV!

Message 3 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Why not the new Barclaycard "Arrival"?

Message 4 of 8
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Why not the new Barclaycard "Arrival"?

The 2% covers most bill payment categories. The other nice thing is Walmart, Dollar General, ECT. are all classified as "grocery stores" and get 2%.

Giant Eagle sells gift cards and gives you $0.20 off per gallon (their gas station) and you can use your Barclaycard to pay for the giftcard and get 2% back on it. Then when you use the gift card at GetGo you get 1% off a future shopping trip for every 10 gallons of fuel you buy.

If you work it right you save quite a bit

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 5 of 8
stone
Regular Contributor

annual fee, PASS

Message 6 of 8
stone
Regular Contributor

UP! UP!

Anyone have recommendation of my next card for me?

Message 7 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Barclays mc is a world mc. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.