Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards CLI Hard Pull?

tag
MissMc89
New Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards CLI Hard Pull?

I was about to request a CLI on my Barclaycard but saw the message saying that it could impact my credit. Does anyone who has this card have any experience with a CLI being a HP? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards CLI Hard Pull?

Yes, it will be a HP.
Message 2 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

yep HP, and definitely not always successful.

Message 3 of 10
roughdraff
Valued Member

It will be an HP, but a hard pull is better than another app, which is a HP and average account age loss. You have a good chance if your credit score has went up 20-25 points since your app or last raise.600-625 limit 500-1000 630-645 limit 1450-1500 650-675 1750-2500  these are scores to credit limits with Barclays far as the rewards card. but always ask to make sure if ur increase is granted ur limit will be 2,000 or over, because some credit bureau give you extra points for limits 2,000 and over. like 5 points i think. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling them and asking if you have any SP credit increases available.  Never know might save you that HP

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MissMc89 wrote:

I was about to request a CLI on my Barclaycard but saw the message saying that it could impact my credit. Does anyone who has this card have any experience with a CLI being a HP? 

Yes it will definitely be a hard pull on TU.

The 2 ways to get a soft pull CLI from Barclays, of which I am aware, are:

1. wait for auto CLI, or

2. call and ask whether there are any offers available on your account  for (a) interest rate decrease and/or (b) soft pull CLI

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you spend a lot on it and have good-enough credit, you'll probably get an auto CLI or a phone-in SP CLI.

If you either don't spend much or have bad credit, you might get no CLI or a trivial one not worth the HP.

Either way, I don't see how taking the HP makes sense.

Message 7 of 10
roughdraff
Valued Member

Well, in regards to Worth or Worth not taking a HP. I think our follow member is considerating a Pull of some sort, With that that being said every credit situation varies. If they're credit score has raised up 20-25 points, they could get between a 1,000 to 1,500 on a hp, if it drops they're rational down to 3-5 pct from like 33% to 28%. and theyre credit limit is above 2,000 they will not lose points on a credit card account, but it may differ on a store acct such as JC Pennys because they're acct type is unknown. But a HP from your current creditor isn't as worst as applying for a new acct and getting denied or applying and getting approved but loosing ur average age of account. I jus applied for a CLI from Chase for my Slate @300.00 and yes a HP and she came back with a 5,000 increase to 5,300 EXP642.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always been a HP in my experience. Between apping for new cards and CLIs from them, I have 8 inqs on my TU, comprising almost 50% of my total TU inqs.

Message 9 of 10
roughdraff
Valued Member

Also, forgot to mention when or if you do request a CLI, call the recon dept. to apply for CLI by pass the web or regular CS rep. They're only open M-F i think, that way you hear straight from the horses mouth.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.