cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards CLI advise!!

tag
zuman1988

Barclaycard Rewards CLI advise!!

Greeting everyone!  I just recieved a pre-approval letter from Brayclay today in the mail wasnt going to apply but, something in my head said do it so i did. I was approved for 2500 at  12mo. 0%. My question is should i wait til card gets here, wait 6 months, or ask before card gets in to ask for a CLI? Any advise would be most helpfull Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards CLI advise!!

you can ask now. doesn't mean you'll be approved but go for it.
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

my advice is to wait for the auto CLI that usually happens after 6-8 statement. 9/10 you'll get an auto then. They may want to see some usage and history first. They are very fickle, fyi
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the recon line and asked for higher limit right after getting approved for a Barclay card.  It didn't work but they seemed to pay attention and consider my request so I'd say go for it.  You can always take additional HP in a while after you receive the card if it's that important to you.

Message 4 of 11
zuman1988

OK thanks for all the help i did call the recon number talked to a very nice guy i did get a CLI of 1k now up to 3500 limit not bad for now.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweeeeeeet!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

told ya..
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@zuman1988 wrote:

Greeting everyone!  I just recieved a pre-approval letter from Brayclay today in the mail wasnt going to apply but, something in my head said do it so i did. I was approved for 2500 at  12mo. 0%. My question is should i wait til card gets here, wait 6 months, or ask before card gets in to ask for a CLI? Any advise would be most helpfull Thanks!

Their luv button CLI requests result in a hard pull on TU so DON'T.

The Barclay Rewards card seems to have a 6-month review policy. If you do well with the card for 6 months they'll likely give an auto CLI.

So just use the card, pay it down frequently, and you'll probably get CLI's without asking.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@zuman1988 wrote:

OK thanks for all the help i did call the recon number talked to a very nice guy i did get a CLI of 1k now up to 3500 limit not bad for now.

Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.