Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards MC vs CapOne Quicksilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards MC vs CapOne Quicksilver

@JSS3 wrote:
Cap1 converts Plat to QS/QS1. At this time, they do not combine limits.

Thanks.

One thing I am finding a little confusing in my credit card research is the "rankings" of the cards. I don't know the difference between a QS1 or QS for example. It becomes more confusing because I will look up the cards on the CCC website, and the differences will be in the AF or something like that, but then I look at my card and it seems I have a certain card but instead no AF, or 0% APR offer. I don't even know which card I have sometimes!

Message 31 of 38
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Thanks.

One thing I am finding a little confusing in my credit card research is the "rankings" of the cards. I don't know the difference between a QS1 or QS for example. It becomes more confusing because I will look up the cards on the CCC website, and the differences will be in the AF or something like that, but then I look at my card and it seems I have a certain card but instead no AF, or 0% APR offer. I don't even know which card I have sometimes!

Quicksilver and Quicksilver1 have the same benefits. 1.5% back on everything. The only difference is that Quicksilver1 has an annual fee.

Message 32 of 38
Repairman
Established Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Do you know if they combine points? Can I freely transfer points between 2 different Quicksilver accounts?

Message 33 of 38
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Do you know if they combine points? Can I freely transfer points between 2 different Quicksilver accounts?

Doubt it.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a QS1 and a QS and you can freely transfer your cashback points from one account to another. You can even transfer them to someone else's account, thuogh I'm not sure why you would want to do that. I transfer my points from the QS1 to the QS on a monthly basis and the transfer is instantaneous. 

Message 35 of 38
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Wow...you learn something new eveveryday. That's great! Can't wait until they start combining limits.
Message 36 of 38
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a QS1 and a QS and you can freely transfer your cashback points from one account to another. You can even transfer them to someone else's account, thuogh I'm not sure why you would want to do that. I transfer my points from the QS1 to the QS on a monthly basis and the transfer is instantaneous. 

Thanks! Verygood to know, and a fantastic feature! I ask because I currently have a QS, and am about to receive a 2nd QS in the mail. My 2nd QS has a much larger cl and a Bonus offer, so I will be using that the most, however I still have a good amount of points on my original QS. 

As for transfering points to someone else's account, it would make sense for a married couple, for example, when 1 person spends more than the other, yet the lower spend person needs a gift card, for example.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice good to know!

Thanks everyone for the replies, in particular JSS3, this has been a very useful thread. I learned some more info quickly, got 2 more cards, and I just hit the CLI button on JCrew for the first time. Instant $300 increase to $550 CL! Haven't used the card yet, but I will this week as I expect a decent sale code to come up. Now I am just gardening and waiting on my QS card to come in so I can start earning rewards.

Next up, is actually sucking it up and addressing my baddies. I have been putting it off because I feel a little lost. "Where to start" feeling. I need to do a bit more reading because I don't yet fully understand my options. But I think I am off to an OK start, and I can get my AAoA started growing, and my CC utilization is now at <1%. Once I get these bads under control, I will have a good base to hopefully watch my score grow.

Thanks again.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.