cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Point Ratio

tag
wop01

Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Point Ratio

What is the point/reward ratio on the Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit?

1000 points = x

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HobNob
Established Member

Re: Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard Point Ratio

2x points for gas/grocery

1x for everything else

1000 at 1x = 10$

1000 at 2x = 20$

Message 2 of 5
IamB2
Established Contributor

@wop01 wrote:

What is the point/reward ratio on the Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit?

1000 points = x

1000 points will always equal $10. 1 point is the equivalent of $0.01.

Now, you earn more points for different categories, so it is concivable that you can earn 1000 points by spending only $500 provided that the spending is in the 2x the points categories.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 3 of 5
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Get x2 points for utilites and Drug Stores too.

They actually add up pretty quick if you use the card alot since all the bonus categories are what I would consider "The Necessities". Things you need anyway.

Message 4 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CenturyChild wrote:

Get x2 points for utilites and Drug Stores too.

They actually add up pretty quick if you use the card alot since all the bonus categories are what I would consider "The Necessities". Things you need anyway.

Yeah I held onto my Barclays Rewards card for quite a bit longer because of those utilities at 2x, then Huntington offered 3x on utilities so I switched.  Considering the Barclays card is for  "average" credit it's a pretty decent rewards card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.