Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards (Utilities)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards (Utilities)

Ahh yes you are correct it is $4.95. My mistake.

Message 21 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@barthooper wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

If you are in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana, West Virginia, or Kentucky:

Get a Huntington Voice card, for 3% cash back on Utilities.

If you are in Hawaii, California, Nevada, Oregon, or Washington state, and have a lot of non-category spend:

Get a JCB Marukai card, for 3% cash back on everything, with ~ $25 annual fees.

If you are in one of the other 39 states:

Get either a Citi Double Cash Mastercard (1% + 1%), or a NASA FCU Cash Rewards VISA (2% - $17.50/year, plus LARGE credit limits)

JCB.png

Something I noticed when I was looking at the terms was that you only get the 2% when you pass $2,000 in purchases for the year. Personally, I wouldn't get too far past the $2,000 threshold, so the NASA wouldn't be too worth it for me, especially since it is only 1.25% to that point, which I can beat with Quicksilver.

Correct, the NASA card is only good if you plan to spend a lot on it, or plan to spend very little on it (and just use it to improve overall utilization). Its basically a 2% card minus $17.50 per year, assuming you spend > $2000 a year.

Its also good if you want to have a really large credit limit card...

nasa.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 22 of 23
hsspres
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is has anyone tried their home security system monthly bill?  

Yes, I have my home security through ADT and unfortunately no, I only received the 1% reward not the 2% for utilities.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.