Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards vs QS1 vs US Bank 123 Rewards Kroger

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Rewards vs QS1 vs US Bank 123 Rewards Kroger

So which is better? I shop at Kroger all the time but i've read some reviews that it's hard to rack up on points 1000=$5 APR ranges most likely around 23.9 with my credit. QS1 comes with AF $39 1.5% Cash APR 22.99. Barclay 2x points 1000=$10 APR 24.99 i'm not to sure about. I want the best one for rewards but also the one that will help me build credit the most. 

Here are the links to cards:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/?campaignId=2026&cellNumber=8&referrerid=C...

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/quicksilverone/

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/1-2-3-rewards-visa-credit-card.html

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Rewards vs QS1 vs US Bank 123 Rewards Kroger

Well, since you already have a QS1 w/annual fee, that's the obvious choice to use for 1.5% rewards. If you're thinking of applying for either a Barclays or US Bank Rewards card, in my opinion the Barclays Rewards MC has better rewards and will help you build credit better.

First, Barclays rewards are $1 charged = 1 pt, and 1 pt - .01 cent (1000 pts = $10 statement credit. In my opinion, US Bank is pretty misleading - you get 1 pt for any charge and 2 pts at Krogers. But those points are only worth 1/2 cent - 1000 pts gets you only $5 in "free groceries" - I'm not sure exactly how that works (I don't like US Bank so I won't dig too deep), but it sounds rewards can only be redeemed at Krogers, a statement credit (Barclays & Cap One) is much better.

Secondly, Brarclays Rewards MC gives 1% for any purchase and 2% for gas, groceries & utilities,  and it's very easy to get the 2% rewards as Barclays is very "loose" on how they code purchases - any purchase at my local Walmart gets coded as 2% groceries, as does any purchase at my local Family Dollar store. And my electric co. doesn't charge any fee for paying the bill with a CC, so it always gets paid with my Rewards MC.

Also, with regular usage & good payment history Barclays is very good at growing your CL with regular auto CLIs - I started with Rewards MC in April 2012 with a $1500 CL and now have a combined CL of $11,700 with Rewards MC Y NFL cards, I've never requested a CLI, it's all aut6o CLIs. Your CS might be a bit low for Barclays, but try their prequalifier. You're probably too low CS for US Bank, they seem very picky. I have a 2010 BK7 on my CR and the last time I checked US Banks prequalifier all they offered me was a pre-paid debit card. LOL, no thanks, and I did not include US Bank in my BK, I've never done business with them.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well two HP's later no approval. I received a denial from US Bank. Barclays gave me the 7 day letter. I may do a little recon with them. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Definitely recon with Barclays: Barclays: 866-205-5973 (credit analyst 24 hours) (from "Backdoor Numbers" sticky in CC Applications forum

I've spoken with Barclays credit analysts a couple times, very friendly, knowledgeable & willing to try to help you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Will do.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like my Barclay card better but cap 1 QS has more options to choose from if you want a gift card. However, capital one from what i read is more friendly than Barclay when it comes to carrying balances and not likely to CLD for small things. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCP and Double Cash beat them all in my opinion, but you need to be eligible for or have those cards in your profile to benefit from that. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.