Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
congrats and be prepared, that it ***might*** be a HP. Any customer initiated APR/CLI trick the last few times, have resulted in a HP to the person. Its been the concensus that the auto happens anywhere from 6-12 months, with the 7th & 8th months being the times they do the auto.

Congrats to the OP.  I've read about the SP APR/CLI trick, but I hadn't heard that it could result in an HP.  I guess it makes sense though, considering the usual risk that comes along with any customer initiated CLI.  Fortunately my CL is more than sufficient, so I won't be calling in to try this.  I haven't received any auto CLIs yet from Barclays, but that's ok too.

I was an idiot myself for clicking the "luv button." I have no use for iTunes or Apple products gift cards but yet I took the risk and it costed me an inquiry. 

Message 21 of 34
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
congrats and be prepared, that it ***might*** be a HP. Any customer initiated APR/CLI trick the last few times, have resulted in a HP to the person. Its been theconcensus that the auto happens anywhere from 6-12 months, with the7th &8th months being the times they do the auto.

Congrats to the OP.  I've read about the SP APR/CLI trick, but I hadn't heard that it could result in an HP.  I guess it makes sense though, considering the usual risk that comes along with any customer initiated CLI.  Fortunately my CL is more than sufficient, so I won't be calling in to try this.  I haven't received any auto CLIs yet from Barclays, but that's ok too.

I was an idiot myself for clicking the "luv button." I have no use for iTunes or Apple products gift cards but yet I took the risk and it costed me an inquiry. 

As they say....you live and learn right? Smiley Wink  Did you at least get a CLI from your request?

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
congrats and be prepared, that it ***might*** be a HP. Any customer initiated APR/CLI trick the last few times, have resulted in a HP to the person. Its been theconcensus that the auto happens anywhere from 6-12 months, with the7th &8th months being the times they do the auto.

As they say....you live and learn right? Smiley Wink  Did you at least get a CLI from your request?

Well yeah, my credit score can earn more than Barclay products...it's a useless trash cards for me since I prefer to use my card wih 5% cash back instead or my 3% cash back for groceries instead of  earning iTunes or Apple gift cards.

Even Barclay Rewards card is ridunkulous; the APR is 24.99%. But that is probably the best card to PC too since it offers 2X cash back on utilities and gas.

Message 23 of 34
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well yeah, my credit score can earn more than Barclay products...it's a useless trash cards for me since I prefer to use my card wih 5% cash back instead or my 3% cash back for groceries instead of  earning iTunes or Apple gift cards.

Even Barclay Rewards card is ridunkulous; the APR is 24.99%. But that is probably the best card to PC too since it offers 2X cash back on utilities and gas.

I hear you. Good luck with getting the card PC'd into a Rewards card.  I've read where the Apple Rewards card is pretty useless after the 0% APR period is over.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

The nicest thing (to me) about Visa Sig and WEMC is the logo.  Those logos are nice looking.  

I was just as much vain as you were. I'm a credit card nub. I received my Discover it and American Express Blue Cash Everyday and I still stare at them like it's something new and amusing, one has a shiny blue sticker and the other is made of metal that came with a huge box.

I was more of a credit card nub when I started applying spring '15. I never had a credit card before and that was the reason I applied for the Barclay Apple Rewards. It looked silver and shinny, something to perhaps scare vampires or use against werewolves this Halloween. At least I did purchase an Apple product.

Message 25 of 34
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

The nicest thing (to me) about Visa Sig and WEMC is the logo.  Those logos are nice looking.  

II was just as much vain as you were. I'm a credit card nub. I received my Discover iT and American Express Blue Cash Everyday and I still stare at them like it's something new and amusing, one has a shiny blue sticker which the other is made of metal that came with a huge box.

I was a credit card nub when I started applying spring '15. I never had a credit card before and that was the reason I applied for the Barclay Apple Rewards. It looked silver and shinny, something to perhaps scare vampires or use against werewolves this Halloween. I did purchase an Apple product.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 34
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I still think the logos are pleasant to look at. Sometimes I still get my Venture out and stare at the shiny Visa Sig logo. Lol. But I definitely wouldn't apply for a card simply for the WEMC/Visa Sig aspect of it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 27 of 34
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So I'm on my 7th statement with my rewards card. I still haven't received an auto cli. While I realize these things aren't guaranteed, I've yet to recieve any auto clis on any cards. Has anyone had any success with calling in and getting soft pull CLI's?

The CLI will always be a hard inquiry for Barclay; make sure you have use for the card otherwise it's a wasted inquiry when you could have applied for a better card.

It was a soft pull.

When you make a request through the "luv button," through Barclay, it will always be a hard pull. Don't learn the hard way by pressing the button yourself.

If it was an auto CLI, then obviosly it is a soft pull as they have no authorization to go through your credit report without your authorization.

Read the original post. I was talking about neither of those. I was talking about calling in with the APR reduction/SP CLI after talking with a retention representative. 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So I'm on my 7th statement with my rewards card. I still haven't received an auto cli. While I realize these things aren't guaranteed, I've yet to recieve any auto clis on any cards. Has anyone had any success with calling in and getting soft pull CLI's?

The CLI will always be a hard inquiry for Barclay; make sure you have use for the card otherwise it's a wasted inquiry when you could have applied for a better card.

It was a soft pull.

When you make a request through the "luv button," through Barclay, it will always be a hard pull. Don't learn the hard way by pressing the button yourself.

If it was an auto CLI, then obviosly it is a soft pull as they have no authorization to go through your credit report without your authorization.

Read the original post. I was talking about neither of those. I was talking about calling in with the APR reduction/SP CLI after talking with a retention representative. 

(Mod Cut-not FSR)  I'm just warning you that the "luv button" is an automatic hard inquiry on your credit report.

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So I'm on my 7th statement with my rewards card. I still haven't received an auto cli. 

Message 29 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I didn't get the Barclays Arrival+ WEMC for the looks, but I have to say it's the best looking card in my wallet besides the purple SPG. lol

I'm still giving the nod to the Arrival + though.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.