Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Rewards

tag
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Barclaycard Rewards

Can i PC my Barclays Rewards to an Apple Rewards?

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Rewards

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

I wonder what you can and can't PC it to. I also have a rewards card...I never use it because its 25.49% apr.

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

I wonder what you can and can't PC it to. I also have a rewards card...I never use it because its 25.49% apr.

My Rewards MC has "only" a 23.74% APR and I use the heck out of, but only for 2% reward categories, my electric bill and Family Dollar & Walmart purchases which get categorized as groceries for 2%. That 23.74% APR is still about 20 points higher than I would ever pay for credit. You do realize you only pay that interest rate if you don't pay in full by the due date? I've had my Rewar5ds MC since April 2012 and have never paid a penny in interest, but they have paid me hundreds in reward statement credits. If a high APR stops you from using a CC don't app for any Barclays card, because they do love their high APRs. My lowest APR CC is from a local credit union, 11%, and it gets the least use because if has crappy rewards - a gazillion points to buy overpriced merchandise I don't need..

OP: I've tried twice to PC a Barclays card and always get the same answer: You have to apply for & be approved for the card you want, then you can move the CL to the new card and close out the old one.

Message 3 of 6
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

My Rewards MC has "only" a 23.74% APR and I use the heck out of, but only for 2% reward categories, my electric bill and Family Dollar & Walmart purchases which get categorized as groceries for 2%. That 23.74% APR is still about 20 points higher than I would ever pay for credit. You do realize you only pay that interest rate if you don't pay in full by the due date? I've had my Rewar5ds MC since April 2012 and have never paid a penny in interest, but they have paid me hundreds in reward statement credits. If a high APR stops you from using a CC don't app for any Barclays card, because they do love their high APRs. My lowest APR CC is from a local credit union, 11%, and it gets the least use because if has crappy rewards - a gazillion points to buy overpriced merchandise I don't need..

OP: I've tried twice to PC a Barclays card and always get the same answer: You have to apply for & be approved for the card you want, then you can move the CL to the new card and close out the old one.

Yea i would use the Apple Rewards more since we are an APPLE type of family, and I love the promotional financing that they give for their products.  Ive had my Rewards cards for 2+ years and only recieved an auto increase of $400 for a total credit line of 1900.  I put in the sock drawer, havent used it in over a year.  I refuse to use hard pull for cli

Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 4 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

You probably can but without any sign up promo and frankly I don't see why you'd want to.... My CashForward card has gone from $5k to $8k to $11k and I don't use it that much - on the other hand My no-rewards Apple card went from $2500 to $9k over time but I don't use Apple products + they would not reduce the APR + there were no rewards (new has rewards) and I had no need for Apple financing. Thast said it filled a purpose during my rebuild - I closed it a couple years ago. 

Just App for the Apple Card if you want it - it's one of the easiest Barclay cards to get approved and they'll probably "merge" your other credit limit if you ask. 

Message 5 of 6
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Shawndoe79 wrote:

You probably can but without any sign up promo and frankly I don't see why you'd want to.... My CashForward card has gone from $5k to $8k to $11k and I don't use it that much - on the other hand My no-rewards Apple card went from $2500 to $9k over time but I don't use Apple products + they would not reduce the APR + there were no rewards (new has rewards) and I had no need for Apple financing. Thast said it filled a purpose during my rebuild - I closed it a couple years ago. 

Just App for the Apple Card if you want it - it's one of the easiest Barclay cards to get approved and they'll probably "merge" your other credit limit if you ask. 

Yea youre right, Ill probably think it over the next few days before apping, but I do like the option of moving my limit over to it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.