Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Ring MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Ring MasterCard

How difficult is it to get approved for this card? My credit scores are in my sig. Was out of the credit card game for about 10 years until I was pre-approved by mail for the Discover IT last september or so. Since then I have added Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards (closed already), and Amex BCP. My income is sub 13k, not sure how much that will factor in. Util is a bit high at 28% but have been paying that off. Went on vacation where I did most of the spending. Just wondering if I have a chance at qualifying, not sure I want to risk the HP.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Ring MasterCard

You should be fine. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How difficult is it to get approved for this card? My credit scores are in my sig. Was out of the credit card game for about 10 years until I was pre-approved by mail for the Discover IT last september or so. Since then I have added Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards (closed already), and Amex BCP. My income is sub 13k, not sure how much that will factor in. Util is a bit high at 28% but have been paying that off. Went on vacation where I did most of the spending. Just wondering if I have a chance at qualifying, not sure I want to risk the HP.

You scores qualify you (they pull TU 99% of time), although income is on low end. Not sure how income would factor into the Ring card..  I got approved with around a 690 TU FICO at the time if I remember right.  Util is a bit high, but don't think that will really freak barclay's out..  Hardest variable for me is the income, might just get a low cl?  Others can way in on this one...  It is their toughest card to get IMO, but think you have a shot although I would try to get your utilzation down to sub 20% at least..

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You scores qualify you (they pull TU 99% of time), although income is on low end. Not sure how income would factor into the Ring card..  I got approved with around a 690 TU FICO at the time if I remember right.  Util is a bit high, but don't think that will really freak barclay's out..  Hardest variable for me is the income, might just get a low cl?  Others can way in on this one...  It is their toughest card to get IMO, but think you have a shot although I would try to get your utilzation down to sub 20% at least..

Thanks for the reply! CL isn't a concern for me considering my highest CL of the 3 cards I have is 2500 on the Amex BCP. 3 times more than the next highest. Will probably wait a month or 2 to get util down and some more history on the other cards. Was also looking at chase sapphire preferred but pretty sure my income is way below their minimum, unless I can get 1 or 2 of my cards above 5k CL, then maybe they will look past the income.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also of concern is the APR. My other cards will be above 20% once the 0% intro APRs run out. Not that I will be carrying a balance on them, but still. I would like the Ring for the low APR if God forbid I ever need to have a card to carry a balance.

Message 5 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ring is only 8%. No higher,no lower. Your income may be the only issue. Only one way to find out. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Ring is only 8%. No higher,no lower. Your income may be the only issue. Only one way to find out. Smiley Happy

Ugh, peer pressure. Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

I agree! 

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; Band of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Travel Rewards 3.5k; Bank of A Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; Utilization: 12%; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 5 TU: 7; EX 3; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income will factor in with regards to how much of a credit line they will extend you. I remember reading something in the Barclay's Community where they posted a chart on how they determine credit lines, and income was one factor. I think you will get approved, but maybe with a lower starting limit. I had an extremely thin file when I was approved. All you can do is try it and see. If you do go for it, post back and let us know the results.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED! 1900 CL...... thanks for the feedback everybody!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.