Established Contributor
logan_720

Barclaycard Ring - :(

Apped for the Ring tonight to use as a low interest revolver just in case I ever needed one, since it beats my CU card by about 7% and since that card is also stuck at $500. Receved the "Application Pending" notification, checked status right after and it was declined. I know as of a few days ago my TU was 713. Will be calling tomorrow to recon. I have no doubt though, that inquiries were the main reason since I just finished an app spree. Ugh. :smileysad:

Logan.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Barclaycard Ring - :(

Barclay's is very inq and new acct sensitive. If you don't get it on recon, wait 6 mos and try again at the end of the year. IME, Barclay's was very generous around holiday time last year.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Mega Contributor
LS2982

logan_720 wrote:

Apped for the Ring tonight to use as a low interest revolver just in case I ever needed one, since it beats my CU card by about 7% and since that card is also stuck at $500. Receved the "Application Pending" notification, checked status right after and it was declined. I know as of a few days ago my TU was 713. Will be calling tomorrow to recon. I have no doubt though, that inquiries were the main reason since I just finished an app spree. Ugh. :smileysad:

Logan.

Sorry to hear, good luck with the recon!!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
gettnthere

With a 713 i would think you stand a pretty good chance on Recon. But like BICHONMOM said they are very inq sensitive as well with new accounts, id definitely call today and Recon ,BARCLAY'S is great with em

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Call them.. I think you will get this card on a recon.

They are super easy to deal with and just be honest about "why" you want the card.

Let us know the end result and good luck!  :smileyhappy:

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Established Contributor
gettnthere

Oh and they ABSOLUTELY HATE balances, they grilled me about mine and i only had 2 of them that i had accidentally let report

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+