Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Visa w/ Apple Rewards - Credit limit DECREASE! :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard Visa w/ Apple Rewards - Credit limit DECREASE! :(

Hi.... 

I just logged on to my Barclaycard Apple account online and noticed that my limit was brought down 10% from $3500 to $3150. 

I have been paying about 110 above my minium payment every month. (my minimum is usuallly 30 bucks). 

Is there anyway I could get my limit back up to $3500? Thank you. 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard Visa w/ Apple Rewards - Credit limit DECREASE! :(

What is your current balance on the card?
Message 2 of 27
JaseT
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that! It always makes me nervous when I see posts about CLD from Barclay! Smiley Surprised

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 3 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah BarclaysSmiley Happy .....not....sorry that was my average sarcasm for Sir Barclays. As far as clds go, thats not the worse weve seen but it begs the question if they are going to start balance chasing you. Definetely fill us in on how much you owe and for how long.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a macbook for like 3300 and ive been paying $142 a month to avoid interest at the end of 24th months (I divided the total amount by 24). 

Should I just pay the minimum and keep the rest in my savings and pay it all on the 24th month? I dont want them to chase the credit limit down. 

this happened on my 4th statement. I did get a lot of new accounts but I am not running up debt just trying to build a good base of credit cards so when I am looking for a house, i wont have any recent new accounts. 

thanks for ur info!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

currently the balance is like 2974 or 2947 something like that

Message 6 of 27
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Some banks are risk averse.

Look at it from their prospective: Would you loan someone another $500 - that already owes you $3000, and hasn't yet paid it back?

Continuing to carry a sizeable balance... indicated that you were a much higher risk of default.

You've just got to hunker down, and find someone else to transfer that balance to... if, of course, you cannot pay it off, straightaway.

Message 7 of 27
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I believe that this is a 0% deferred interest promo. If that's the case, dividing the cost of the MacBook by 24 makes total sense.

OP, how many new cards have you opened since you opened the Barclays account? That may be the reasoning behind the CLD.

Message 8 of 27
trusty
Frequent Contributor

If they CLD during a zero percent promo... that is totally uncalled for!

There would have to be a lot else going on for that to make sense. - Like, carrying balances on multiple cards, simultaneously.

If that's not happening, this seems absurd and abusive, to be sure.

Message 9 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup Trusty, the Op seems to be doing right on a 0% apr promo period. Being Barclays, i believe its the recent additions to Op's credit card lineup that caused this. Op, how many cards have you apped for and received since you got the Apple card?.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.