Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard closed *by me*

tag
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Barclaycard closed *by me*

Happy to report I made my first consolidation in an effort to simplify my wallet and profile. I closed the rewards MasterCard (opened 6/2014) and reallocated the limit over to the Ring (opened 11/15), making it my first 10k card.

Also Amex lowered apr on BCE by 4.75 points (down to 17.49) a couple days ago. Not bad for the 1st full month in the garden Smiley Happy Might leave sometime in 2016 for the citi premier if I decide to give the TY program a shot.

The process was about as quick and painless as it could be, very simple. I'll be sittin pretty if I can ever get cap1 to budge on the combination thing 😐
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard closed *by me*

Congrats. Personally, gave up on cap one. Probably close. Citi is reporting as a strange account/ airlines, not a bank. So I have credit unions, bank, and citi. Maybe get more airline pre approvals now.

When it is time to let go of aviator, I will load that back onto Sallie Mae. Aviator was my first 10k card. Needed to break up for Sallie.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 3
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard closed *by me*

Lol well Sallie does have a lot to offer Smiley Wink strange on the citi reporting haven't heard of that yet. And I'll give cap1 until statement cut Jan 21 to combine and then go from there
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.