Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard compromised again!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Barclaycard compromised again!

Checked my account yesterday and fraudulent charges are there. I shut it down but its 30 bucks to fedex it??

Umm, no. You can mail it, and ill be more than happy to BT my balance away from Barclays ans let this card join Cap1 in the SD drawer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclaycard compromised again!

Sorry that happened!

You should look into the deal the PSECU still (I think) has going. BT to your new Visa and I think it is a really low int rate for the next year or so? I am not sure and I have not logged on to check, but take a look... We did one of those a while back and it was like 2.89% through the end of this year. A really nice deal.

Barclay is high-dollar. PSECU is great...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 5
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi  

I had a problem with my apple visa barclay, got a call while I was at work thursday night, They said that someone in New Mexico tried to pre auth charges for 20.03, and asked if I gave permission. I said no, card closed, new one on way overnight, no charge.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 5
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi  

I had a problem with my apple visa barclay, got a call while I was at work thursday night, They said that someone in New Mexico tried to pre auth charges for 20.03, and asked if I gave permission. I said no, card closed, new one on way overnight, no charge.

thats good to hear, im waiting for my apple visa and was skeptical because i realized i appd based on looks instead of overall benefits.. its good to read that they are on top of their game for fraud maybe thats why the apr. is 22% and their rewards are almost nothing Smiley Very Happy

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the fraudulent charges, at least you caught them earlier. That is a little ridiculous that they'd charge you so much just to get you a new card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.