Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard compromised

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard compromised

Checked my Barclay account at 8am and $1,271 worth of airbeds from Airbedwarehouse.com  and $349 from Walmart.com showing up in pending. Immediately called Barclay and canceled card, as I have never even heard of airbedwarehouse and I did not charge $350 worth of anything from Walmart.com (I always use my Walmart card on there anyway).

Barclay said I would not be responsible for the charges and they should come off soon, but right now there's a hold on my account for those amounts. Rep didn't give me anything more specific than "it should come off soon."  Does anyone have any idea how long that will be?

I never save credit card numbers in accounts when placing any kind of orders so this one really stumps me. I hope this person gets discovered and prosecuted. They had to have listed some mailing address for the items to be sent to that can perhaps be investigated, one would think.

Upset. You just feel violated when this kind of thing happens. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard compromised

Sorry to hear. Glad you got it cancelled so the problem won't go any further.

I haven't had this happen (nor do I have a card with them) so not sure how long it takes to come off, but I'd guess a few days as they investigate and remove the charges.

Message 2 of 6
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

I had my ring card compromised last year and it took approxiately 2 billing cycles before the charges were removed from the pending status.

Message 3 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Necromancer wrote:

I had my ring card compromised last year and it took approxiately 2 billing cycles before the charges were removed from the pending status.

That is a drag.

Message 4 of 6
axlm
Regular Contributor

Barclay was breached recently, it probably has nothing to do with anything you did. They sent a new Arrival card for no reason and when we called, they first claimed it was specifically the Arrival portion of their servers(?) but then they also sent a new SallieMae, so apparently they were hit pretty hard.

And probably some new SSNs numbers are also now in the wild Smiley Sad

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@axlm wrote:

Barclay was breached recently, it probably has nothing to do with anything you did. They sent a new Arrival card for no reason and when we called, they first claimed it was specifically the Arrival portion of their servers(?) but then they also sent a new SallieMae, so apparently they were hit pretty hard.

And probably some new SSN numbers are also now in the wild Smiley Sad

Yikes. that is nto good to hear. Thanks everyone for the feedback. 

It better not take two billing cycles as there isn't any reason an extra $1,200 that isn't mine should show up and be reported to the credit bureaus! I'm going to call the fraud people on Monday and see what they have to say.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.