Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard does CLDs too!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard does CLDs too!

@ojefferyo wrote:

Smiley LOL they could take my remaining credit away lol I always PIF so hopefully not *fingers crossed* I'm thinking about asking them for a CLI on the card, 

If your credit profile supports a CLI, then go for it. I would try and see if you can get a SP CLI first. Call in and ask for an APR reduction, then while you're on the phone ask if there is a SP CLI available. Good luck!Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 58
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

Smiley LOL they could take my remaining credit away lol I always PIF so hopefully not *fingers crossed* I'm thinking about asking them for a CLI on the card, 

Curious. Just what are you buying for $19,000 a month?

I bought 2 Beneli m4 H2O, 2 Mossberg 500 BlackWater edition, 2 Glock 19, and a boat load of ammo. I have a lot of firearms and I shoot quite a bit. You could say I LOVE my second amendment. That's what's on the card so far. Usually just toys and stuff I do for fun. Last month I chartered a helicopter to fly us into Monterey Zoo and did a private guided tour before the zoo was open. 

I run quite a bit on all my cards, I'm hoping AMEX will consider me for a Centurion soon Smiley Wink

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 52 of 58
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

If your credit profile supports a CLI, then go for it. I would try and see if you can get a SP CLI first. Call in and ask for an APR reduction, then while you're on the phone ask if there is a SP CLI available. Good luck!Smiley Happy

I did that not too long ago and they reduced my rate but had no CLI for me. Maybe this time they will have one.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 53 of 58
NRB525
Super Contributor

@gurusexy wrote:

Went on an international trip, spent some money..... statement hit and barclaycard gives me a CLD taking my utilization from 70% to 94%....

I am not even mad... Will just pay it off, then close the card and thats that....

Talk about loyalty....  :-) ..Its all good......

OP, what is the limit on this card? I could not pick it out of the lineup of all your cards. 70% of what?

Speaking of which, having so many other cards, with mid-600 scores may be a factor in this decision by Barclays. If you love only Barclays, they will be more likely to love you back.

If you start wandering away, they may get jealous and take back their CL Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 54 of 58
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

Sorry to hear OP, I constantly run my balance up past 70% and so haven't heard a peep from them. This is my balance this month so far. 

barc.png

How would they even balance chase that? Smiley Wink

Lol (can't sleep, pre travel stress).  It's already balance chased.  Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 55 of 58
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I bought 2 Beneli m4 H2O, 2 Mossberg 500 BlackWater edition, 2 Glock 19, and a boat load of ammo. I have a lot of firearms and I shoot quite a bit. You could say I LOVE my second amendment. That's what's on the card so far. Usually just toys and stuff I do for fun. Last month I chartered a helicopter to fly us into Monterey Zoo and did a private guided tour before the zoo was open. 

I run quite a bit on all my cards, I'm hoping AMEX will consider me for a Centurion soon Smiley Wink

1% er envy.

image.jpg

Signature needs updating
Message 56 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I did that not too long ago and they reduced my rate but had no CLI for me. Maybe this time they will have one.

I hope they have a SP CLI for you this time.

Message 57 of 58
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

1% er envy.

image.jpg

Not quite at the 1% level yet maybe 2-3% lol

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.