cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

Just logged into BC and saw my US Airways card was gone and replaced with the red aviator. I called BC and they said that my card had been shipped. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

@Anonymous wrote:

Just logged into BC and saw my US Airways card was gone and replaced with the red aviator. I called BC and they said that my card had been shipped. Smiley Very Happy

Strange that they shipped them out without verifying which Aviator card you want.  I was told by them that we would be able to select which level of card we wanted.

Message 2 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Strange that they shipped them out without verifying which Aviator card you want.  I was told by them that we would be able to select which level of card we wanted.

Mine defaulted directly to red for whatever reason. Dunno why.

Message 3 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah. I wanted the Silver for the first year. Smiley Indifferent

Shows red on my account.

Message 4 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what most people are getting but I had sent a SM to them last month and they replied that they would be sending out emails where you would select the card you wanted.  Guess not now.  I just sent them another SM because I want the Silver not the Red

Message 5 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what most people are getting but I had sent a SM to them last month and they replied that they would be sending out emails where you would select the card you wanted.  Guess not now.  I just sent them another SM because I want the Silver not the Red

I thought I read somewhere that all US Airways cards would be automatically converted to Red. It didn't say anything about the option to choose. I hope they honor what was said to you before Smiley Happy GL

Message 6 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that all US Airways cards would be automatically converted to Red. It didn't say anything about the option to choose. I hope they honor what was said to you before Smiley Happy GL

+1  Barclays told me in January that all cards would get automatically converted to Aviator Red but at the same time I saw a chart with both cards and the Aviator Red had FTF again ...hope that was an error  !

Message 7 of 92
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

I also got the red. I just called and they said that certain members will receive invitations to upgrade to the silver. It is not possbile to upgrade red cards to silver cards.

Message 8 of 92
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1  Barclays told me in January that all cards would get automatically converted to Aviator Red but at the same time I saw a chart with both cards and the Aviator Red had FTF again ...hope that was an error  !

It says on the Barclays website that the Red does not have a FTF. 

Message 9 of 92
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

my account shows the red aviator as well. It will be my first mastercard with  a chip

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 10 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.