cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

My account is showing Red as well. I sent a secure message asking to be downgraded to the Blue Aviator. I dont know if the Red has been shipped because i'm currently in southeast Asia and dont feel like racking up int'l calling rates, so hopefully the secure message works! 

Message 11 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just logged into BC and saw my US Airways card was gone and replaced with the red aviator. I called BC and they said that my card had been shipped. Smiley Very Happy

Strange that they shipped them out without verifying which Aviator card you want.  I was told by them that we would be able to select which level of card we wanted.

Mine defaulted directly to red for whatever reason. Dunno why.

That's what most people are getting but I had sent a SM to them last month and they replied that they would be sending out emails where you would select the card you wanted.  Guess not now.  I just sent them another SM because I want the Silver not the Red

I thought I read somewhere that all US Airways cards would be automatically converted to Red. It didn't say anything about the option to choose. I hope they honor what was said to you before Smiley Happy GL

+1  Barclays told me in January that all cards would get automatically converted to Aviator Red but at the same time I saw a chart with both cards and the Aviator Red had FTF again ...hope that was an error  !

It says on the Barclays website that the Red does not have a FTF. 

Thanks..just logged in and looked at my card benefits from the Red card and  what a relieve because that was the reason to dump Citi and move over to Barclays Smiley Happy

Shop more while you are traveling abroad. No matter where you are traveling, enjoy the benefits of no foreign transaction fees when you use your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.

Message 12 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just logged into BC and saw my US Airways card was gone and replaced with the red aviator. I called BC and they said that my card had been shipped. Smiley Very Happy

Strange that they shipped them out without verifying which Aviator card you want.  I was told by them that we would be able to select which level of card we wanted.

Mine defaulted directly to red for whatever reason. Dunno why.

That's what most people are getting but I had sent a SM to them last month and they replied that they would be sending out emails where you would select the card you wanted.  Guess not now.  I just sent them another SM because I want the Silver not the Red

I thought I read somewhere that all US Airways cards would be automatically converted to Red. It didn't say anything about the option to choose. I hope they honor what was said to you before Smiley Happy GL

+1  Barclays told me in January that all cards would get automatically converted to Aviator Red but at the same time I saw a chart with both cards and the Aviator Red had FTF again ...hope that was an error  !

It says on the Barclays website that the Red does not have a FTF. 

Thanks..just logged in and looked at my card benefits from the Red card and  what a relieve because that was the reason to dump Citi and move over to Barclays Smiley Happy

Shop more while you are traveling abroad. No matter where you are traveling, enjoy the benefits of no foreign transaction fees when you use your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.

I still want the silver for the first year.

Message 13 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyarrnold wrote:

I also got the red. I just called and they said that certain members will receive invitations to upgrade to the silver. It is not possbile to upgrade red cards to silver cards.

Well that sucks.  That means they lied to me last month.  Why have 4 levels if people can't switch?  It's not like you can apply for the cards.

Message 14 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

My account is showing Red as well. I sent a secure message asking to be downgraded to the Blue Aviator. I dont know if the Red has been shipped because i'm currently in southeast Asia and dont feel like racking up int'l calling rates, so hopefully the secure message works! 

Why not keep it the first year as Red as the AF is paid already ?  Or is yours due anytime soon ?

Message 15 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine shows Red too. Has anyone's stateme cut with the 50% extra miles? I'm curious to see. Since I've clicked accept I see no verbage of the offer.

Message 16 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

I also got the red. I just called and they said that certain members will receive invitations to upgrade to the silver. It is not possbile to upgrade red cards to silver cards.

Well that sucks.  That means they lied to me last month.  Why have 4 levels if people can't switch?  It's not like you can apply for the cards.

Maybe it is a 2 step action again like the Arrival. They sent me the Arrival WMC and two weeks later I got the WEMC ..and there it was similar...the rep said no only a few cardholders would get the upgrade and at the end all the sudden they were shipping out WEMCs. I would not be surprised if later on other cards and upgrades get mailed.

Message 17 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine shows Red too. Has anyone's stateme cut with the 50% extra miles? I'm curious to see. Since I've clicked accept I see no verbage of the offer.

My statement just cut and I would be happy to see the 100% first Smiley Surprised... it shows my AA account  with last statement 0 miles and since 03/20 5 miles ..lol

Message 18 of 92
USF813
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@USF813 wrote:

Why not keep it the first year as Red as the AF is paid already ?  Or is yours due anytime soon ?

My AF hits in May. Chances are i'll call and try to get it waived. I'll take a counter offer of miles if they won't waive it though.

Message 19 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean I have to change the picture in my signiture? I personally think the US Airways card looks nicer than the American Airlines card.

Message 20 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.