cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Barclaycard has started mailing out AAdvantage Aviators!

@CreditJim wrote:

My US miles are now in my AA account and it's now showing as the Aviator Red on the Barclays website. I think this'll be the AA card I keep. My renewal is up on my Citi AA Exec in 2 weeks so I think I'll be closing that. Wondering if I should also close my Arrival + when the AF is due and fold the CL into the Aviator?

Yep, combined as of this morning.  Just logged in, and, wow!  Free flghts for a long, long, time.

Message 51 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this is interesting.  I just logged into Barclays and the card on top is the U.S. Airways card with zero balance and the 4K CL they gave me.  But my Rewards card disappeared.  I wonder if they are only letting me have one.

That is a bit strange. I still see all 3 cards and can switch among the different cards Smiley Surprised

Sorry, everyone about the faux report on not seeing the Rewards Card.  On the left of the card is a tiny little Barclay's Reward card which if I click on it brings up the Reward acct info.  I promise never to post again without my wearing my glasses.  Cheers!

Message 52 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine also shows the Aviator card now. Hopefully I get the new one this coming week. Cat Happy

Message 53 of 92
sultan33g
Contributor

Still showing us airways card.
01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 54 of 92
kats_rebuild
Contributor

I have two US Airways Cards. I have a very old Platinum card that only earns 1 mile for every $2 in regular spend. The only upside is that it doesn't have an annual fee. My other card is the standard US Airways World Matercard. When I log into my Barclays account the older Platinum card has been converted to a AA Aviator White Card but the other has not yet been converted to the Red Card. I'm sure it will happen over the next few days.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 55 of 92
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

After Feb 24th apps, will be converted during June and July (re Barclays rep). US Airways has it's own customer service line. So, there will be some confusion between reps. As long as I get my miles, my Vegas trip had already been booked.
Signature needs updating
Message 56 of 92
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, this is interesting.  I just logged into Barclays and the card on top is the U.S. Airways card with zero balance and the 4K CL they gave me.  But my Rewards card disappeared.  I wonder if they are only letting me have one.

That is a bit strange. I still see all 3 cards and can switch among the different cards Smiley Surprised

Sorry, everyone about the faux report on not seeing the Rewards Card.  On the left of the card is a tiny little Barclay's Reward card which if I click on it brings up the Reward acct info.  I promise never to post again without my wearing my glasses.  Cheers!

oh yes... now I remember that shock I had when I only saw Sallie Mae and the Arrival+ was gone....could have thought about that  Smiley Happy  it happened to me the same way

Message 57 of 92
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Ok so I got a response letting me know i can apply for any number of Barclays cards. It's as if they didn't even read my email asking to downgrade to the Blue. I also discovered that they opened a new AAdvantage account in my name, instead of transferring the miles into my existing AAdvantage account, so I have a little work to do when I return to the States.

Message 58 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@USF813 wrote:

Ok so I got a response letting me know i can apply for any number of Barclays cards. It's as if they didn't even read my email asking to downgrade to the Blue. I also discovered that they opened a new AAdvantage account in my name, instead of transferring the miles into my existing AAdvantage account, so I have a little work to do when I return to the States.

That's why they asked you to merge the accounts beforehand.  That way they could have credited the miles to the correct account.

Message 59 of 92
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

By the time I had my dividend number, the system didn't recognize me. I am in limbo land.
Signature needs updating
Message 60 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.