Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard pulled TU and EX

tag
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard pulled TU and EX

@s_haliz wrote:

Dual pull scenario is nothing new at all. Technically if they wish they could (and authorized by you) pull all of three!!!! In past I had seen many card providers had pulled dual credit beaureaus. 

s_haliz,

How are those bankcard scores coming along?

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 11 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Not terribly surprising to me but then again it is on per 2 pulls.

When i applied for the Ring Card back whenever last year, and fully expecting a TU pull (They SP'd TU) they pulled Experian instead.

It still worked out in the end but of course only after taking matters up with their U/W Dept to finally land the 8% APR Ring Card.

Message 12 of 17
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@s_haliz wrote:

Dual pull scenario is nothing new at all. Technically if they wish they could (and authorized by you) pull all of three!!!! In past I had seen many card providers had pulled dual credit beaureaus. 

Wow s_haliz, with those scores and "YUGE" CL's, you only need five cards. Well done? Me, someday...

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 13 of 17
mowglidude
Frequent Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@s_haliz wrote:

s_haliz,

How are those bankcard scores coming along?

You too Thomas_Thumb, YUGE scores!!! Crazy....

Starting Score: 589/599/598 5/8/14
FICO® Score 8: EX 788 TU 791 EQ 785 05/09/23
Goal: Was 740 across all bureaus. DONE!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

I've seen that claim about Barclays only pulling TU all too often on here, and I've never really understood why some posters speak in such absolute or definitive terms in such discussions. How do they know that Barclays solely pulls TU? Do they work for Barclays in their underwriting department? I tend to believe the answers are: "they don't" and "of course not." It's entirely possible for Barclays to pull additional reports, just as it is for American Express to pull more than just EX. Certain "truths" keep getting repeated on here, such as that one, and the one about Capital One not performing AA on accounts. It's impossible for anyone posting on here to prove such claims. I've always believed in the saying, "if it doesn't make sense then it's probably not tue." It especially holds true for the internet. 

Regardless, I do hope you enjoy your new card. 

I've heard that from Judge Judy, once Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you got a new card out of it. Last August I applied for the Wyndham card and they pulled TU and EX only to deny me. I was especially annoyed because that app was for the 45k points + 15k anniversary bonus each year. In retrospect I'm not that upset about it since I now have two hotel cards and probably don't travel enough to justify a third. Going forward though I'll definitely keep the possibility of a double pull in mind.

Message 16 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I noticed Barclays softening me on EX but so far have been lucky with only TU pulls at my apps.  Thanks for the info.  Now look at the bright side .... you have a nice new card - congrats - and the pull is gone in two years.Smiley Happy  I was at the beginning so frustrated about Chase double pulling EX and EQ for each and everything until I realized that nobody else would have ever use EQ for me. So I let them happily pull EX and EQ Smiley Happy   Like this I can level out my pulls across the different CRAs...lol

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.