Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard recon chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclaycard recon chances?

Hi, all. First time poster! Long story short, chapter 1e filed in June 2007 with unsecured debt only. Finished in May 2012, dropped off report last month (confirmed). Scores are 699, 698, 694. Current cards are care credit (1700 limit, 490 on), Open Sky secured card (200 limit, 125 on), and home depot (500 limit, 400 on). Paid medical collection from 2008, 2 unpaid and disputed medical collections from 2008, and one unpaid and disputed from 2009. Reasons- divorce. Got mortgage in 2012 4 months before BK was completed as well. All on time payments for everything in credit reports. Barclaycard sent offer, I applied, got the dreaded message that they couldn't give me a card. I make good money, and want to call recon, but am wondering what my chances are. Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclaycard recon chances?

Welcome! I would call and ask for recon. They usually dont like new accts but you dont appear to be that case. If they ask about negs just be prepared to answer for them and what you're doing to avoid it in the future. Goodluck!
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Welcome! I would call and ask for recon. They usually dont like new accts but you dont appear to be that case. If they ask about negs just be prepared to answer for them and what you're doing to avoid it in the future. Goodluck!

+1 good answer 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the forum. Chances are your high utilization will hurt your chances but you have nothing to lose by recon your denial. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 8
TheFate
Established Contributor

I would think your Utilization would be the reason for denial. Whenever you get ready to app for a new account you would want to bring down all balances to 0 then only let 1 card report 1-9%.

U can try recon, but what's ur argument? U make good money?  They are gonna say well if that's true then why are ur balances so high? I would correct it, wait a few months then reapply. 

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

people building credit kill themselves by having high balances report on small limit cards... some banks will take your word that you PIF each month and the limits are just so small that they always report maxed and approve you but others will wonder why you can't get these paid off...

Are you PIF and you can argue that way or are you carrying balances month to month because if you only have 3-4 cards and you can't PIF then you are showing trouble already, especially with "making good money"

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends. The 200 one- yes. The 500 one, will be in two months. Had to buy new lawnmower, weed eater, and equipment bc ours was stolen out of our garage. The 1700 limit JUST got a balance on it (that isn't even reporting yet) bc our dog had to have emergency surgery two weeks ago. It's showing 70 on it from her check up last month, and we paid it in full before her surgery.
Message 7 of 8
waters
Regular Contributor

I got denied for barclaycard. Called for recon and they were asking about my usage on a$300 card. I told them the limit was so small I pay it off 6 times a month (which is true).

He first said I should apply later but I pressed him for more information. Like when should I apply etc. Then he changed his mind and gave me $500 limit. It was quick and painless.

Was approved. Took almost 3 weeks to get the card after approval.

6/2014; EX:621 EQ:627 TU:640
Cards: Capital One WORLD MC (QS): $7500 | Chase Freedom $3500
Sock: Merrick Bank $600 | Barclaycard $1250 | Sportsman's guide visa $2500

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.