Did you mean: 

Barclaycard security

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard security

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a fraud alert set, but maybe my Ring card does this because I don't use the card very often. Maybe lack of use and then all the sudden trying to use it triggers this--who knows. 

And I do realize that it's not the lender who is responsible for the inaccurate information used in those verification questions. That's why I said I wish the "agencies who supply this information about us would do a better job at making sure their records are accurate." I've heard plenty of stories about Lexis Nexis, IDA (now SageStream), ARS (and who knows who else) providing inaccurate info about people and the problems it causes - and how hard it is to have the info corrected.

My account is exactly one year old today and I just used it last month. Actually, I use it every month to make sure it stays active. Who knows what's going on. Until a few weeks ago, I never had to answer verification questions.

That is strange. My Ring card will be 1 year old next week, and mine has been asking me those verification questions since my 1st BT last year.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a fraud alert set, but maybe my Ring card does this because I don't use the card very often. Maybe lack of use and then all the sudden trying to use it triggers this--who knows. 

And I do realize that it's not the lender who is responsible for the inaccurate information used in those verification questions. That's why I said I wish the "agencies who supply this information about us would do a better job at making sure their records are accurate." I've heard plenty of stories about Lexis Nexis, IDA (now SageStream), ARS (and who knows who else) providing inaccurate info about people and the problems it causes - and how hard it is to have the info corrected.

My account is exactly one year old today and I just used it last month. Actually, I use it every month to make sure it stays active. Who knows what's going on. Until a few weeks ago, I never had to answer verification questions.

That is strange. My Ring card will be 1 year old next week, and mine has been asking me those verification questions since my 1st BT last year.

I understand.

Message 22 of 24
someg33k
Established Contributor

Barclay is a little odd with their security.

I applied for the Barclay finance / Apple rewards card over a week ago. Getting a new Macbook and Mac mini and want to take advantage of the finance offer.

Mind you I am already a Barclay card holder, NFL VISA.

Applied and got a message to call in. Called the number and it went straight to security department. They asked me all the questions and the guy says you answered everything correct but the computer is still requiring you send in documentation. I said sir do you realize I am already a card holder? He said hold let me look into this.. He came back and said he tried to override, but the system will not allow it. Sorry but you have to mail in drivers license, social security card, and utility bill / bank statement with your address.

Called back in several more times hoping for a different result. One person forwarded the case to a manager queue for review. As of today it still has not been reviewed.

Clearly they don't give a crap about my personal risk of sending such documents via our beloved USPS. Only worried about covering their own behind. If they cared about me / us they would at least use an encrypted email service for such things.

Anyhow I clenched my teeth and sent the documents in.Waiting on them to process which apparently can take a few weeks once received.

No fraud alerts on my reports or anything like that. So this seems a bit silly to me... 

Message 23 of 24
Officer737
Established Contributor

@someg33k wrote:

Barclay is a little odd with their security.

I applied for the Barclay finance / Apple rewards card over a week ago. Getting a new Macbook and Mac mini and want to take advantage of the finance offer.

Mind you I am already a Barclay card holder, NFL VISA.

Applied and got a message to call in. Called the number and it went straight to security department. They asked me all the questions and the guy says you answered everything correct but the computer is still requiring you send in documentation. I said sir do you realize I am already a card holder? He said hold let me look into this.. He came back and said he tried to override, but the system will not allow it. Sorry but you have to mail in drivers license, social security card, and utility bill / bank statement with your address.

Called back in several more times hoping for a different result. One person forwarded the case to a manager queue for review. As of today it still has not been reviewed.

Clearly they don't give a crap about my personal risk of sending such documents via our beloved USPS. Only worried about covering their own behind. If they cared about me / us they would at least use an encrypted email service for such things.

Anyhow I clenched my teeth and sent the documents in.Waiting on them to process which apparently can take a few weeks once received.

No fraud alerts on my reports or anything like that. So this seems a bit silly to me... 

I am curious if their system just picks apps at random to do this with as a way to justify its existance? Sort of a spot check/quality control thing of it's own auto approval system. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.