Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard shock!!

tag
JLEO85
Established Member

Barclaycard shock!!

Well I woke up to an very interesting surprise yesterday .. I was browsing this site like normal and seen that Barclay offering a card for my credit range.. 657 and well I jus t couldn't pass it up... Well I applied and and got a 7-10 day message .b... (Sucks) ..... Well woke up and seen email from them with an approve with a credit limit of 2500 ... This is my first high limit card with that line of credit .... I'm very happy ... To say the least and well in awww since all I ever ever about Barclaycard is negatives ...... I have high Credit UtL and a ton of inquires ... So I'm idk ....

To many credit card !!
I'm on the road to 700
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Barclaycard shock!!

Message 2 of 11
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 11
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 4 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JLEO85 wrote:
Well I woke up to an very interesting surprise yesterday .. I was browsing this site like normal and seen that Barclay offering a card for my credit range.. 657 and well I jus t couldn't pass it up... Well I applied and and got a 7-10 day message .b... (Sucks) ..... Well woke up and seen email from them with an approve with a credit limit of 2500 ... This is my first high limit card with that line of credit .... I'm very happy ... To say the least and well in awww since all I ever ever about Barclaycard is negatives ...... I have high Credit UtL and a ton of inquires ... So I'm idk ....

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 11
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats, and enjoy your new card.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 11
burghpa
Regular Contributor

Congrats.

When I got my Barclay card, i got the same dreaded 7-10 day message, I was about to call recon, but received the email in time.  I think you may have less INQ on your TU, that helped me I think (just 3 INQ i had in my TU, compared to 13 in EX)

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 7 of 11
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Congrats....as well!!  I was on an app spree and my latest approval was BofA secured, so I tried my luck with Barclay Rewards card and to my surprise!! Was instantly approved for $500 cli, not much but hey it's a start. I never thought I would get approved for this card!! Very excited!! I applied 2 months agao and was shoot down. I have a litte below average credit? I don't know....maybe they felt sorry for me. Lol

Message 8 of 11
mauve
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That 2500 should help your utilization numbers, too! 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Better hault any more apping/new accounts. They are sensitive as heck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.