Did you mean: 

Barclaycard to Become AAdvantage MasterCard®

tag
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycard to Become AAdvantage MasterCard®

@yudeology101 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

wish i could apply for the card now...just dont see Barclays issuing me a 3rd card.

I'm right there w/ ya....i can only wish!  If there's a 50k offer like Halo said actively floating around, i'll be drooling all over that.....

If i do it, will you follow? 

http://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/disclaimers/BP-PLATHV.jsp

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 11 of 16
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

This would be nice to take advantage of now!  I can't seem to get in the door with a Citi card except the Home Depot card, so I could sneak in this way.  That would be so awesome and then I could have a much better chance at the Dividend card that I want.  I tried last year for a Citi card, but they wanted me to verify income and I have no patience to do such a thing, it just seems too much work to get the little rewards I want from the three months I would get the category I want....

It would also be nice to get those FF miles now.... 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 16
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Welp.....thanks to this post I just jumped on the US Air 40K offer to add to my 50K AA I just completed. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 13 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

wish i could apply for the card now...just dont see Barclays issuing me a 3rd card.

I'm right there w/ ya....i can only wish!  If there's a 50k offer like Halo said actively floating around, i'll be drooling all over that.....

If i do it, will you follow? 

http://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/disclaimers/BP-PLATHV.jsp

Thanks for the link, but this is the Citi link?  50k miles signup bonus is nice, but $3k spend vs 40k miles signup bonus after first puchase on Barclays is much better.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

I am happy with just my CITI AAdvantage card with free checked bag and group 1 boarding

Message 15 of 16
USF813
Frequent Contributor

The title and content of this article is slightly misleading. Yes, there will be two AA branded cards, one issued by Barclays and the other by Citi. However, the Barclays AA will not be converted on April 30, 2014. That will happen once the two FF programs officially merge, which won't happen until 2015. Until then, Barclays will continue to issue the US Airways branded card. Once it changes over to the AA brand, Barclays will no longer issue new accounts. Only those who have the US branded card will be eligible for the AA branded card.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.