Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard to Become AAdvantage MasterCard®

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Barclaycard to Become AAdvantage MasterCard®

http://first2board.com/carolinatravelgirl/2014/04/07/barclaycard-become-aadvantage-miles-mastercard/

So...there's going to be two cards w/ AAdvantage program until 2015 when Citi takes over completely.

Barclaycard AA

"There had been some speculation in the past as to what would happen with the relationship between US Airways and Barclaycard since the card of choice for American Airlines has typically been the Citi AAdvantage Card. We learned back in January that Barclaycard’s contract with US Airways had been negotiated through 2017 but a date for the branding change had not been set. With the new contracts, Citi remains the combined airline’s exclusive issuer of loyalty cards, and Barclaycard has been allowed to maintain its existing accounts using American’s AAdvantage program branding (more information can be found at Payment Source). However, it will not be until after the full integration of the Frequent Flyer programs at some point in 2015 that Citi will become the sole issuer."

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclaycard to Become AAdvantage MasterCard®

@yudeology101 wrote:

http://first2board.com/carolinatravelgirl/2014/04/07/barclaycard-become-aadvantage-miles-mastercard/

So...there's going to be two cards w/ AAdvantage program until 2015 when Citi takes over completely.

Barclaycard AA

"There had been some speculation in the past as to what would happen with the relationship between US Airways and Barclaycard since the card of choice for American Airlines has typically been the Citi AAdvantage Card. We learned back in January that Barclaycard’s contract with US Airways had been negotiated through 2017 but a date for the branding change had not been set. With the new contracts, Citi remains the combined airline’s exclusive issuer of loyalty cards, and Barclaycard has been allowed to maintain its existing accounts using American’s AAdvantage program branding (more information can be found at Payment Source). However, it will not be until after the full integration of the Frequent Flyer programs at some point in 2015 that Citi will become the sole issuer."

I can't wait for my partners Business USAir Card to go Citi!!

Barclay CLD shortly after he got it and im done talking to them.

Message 2 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Well, here's the question-  if you get the USAir Premier card w/ its current signup bonus- which is 40k miles after first puchase which sounds darn good, will the miles automatically convert to AA miles?  If so, then it's waaay better than the current Citi AA signup bonus which is 30k miles after $1k spend on the Platinum. 

Thoughts?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Well, here's the question-  if you get the USAir Premier card w/ its current signup bonus- which is 40k miles after first puchase which sounds darn good, will the miles automatically convert to AA miles?  If so, then it's waaay better than the current Citi AA signup bonus which is 30k miles after $1k spend on the Platinum. 

Thoughts?

yes

Message 4 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Thoughts?

yes

Fabulous. 

Message 5 of 16
H4LO
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Thoughts?

I thought the 50K offer was floating out there... 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 6 of 16
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

wish i could apply for the card now...just dont see Barclays issuing me a 3rd card.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

wish i could apply for the card now...just dont see Barclays issuing me a 3rd card.

I'm right there w/ ya....i can only wish!  If there's a 50k offer like Halo said actively floating around, i'll be drooling all over that.....

If i do it, will you follow? 

Message 8 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You can already redeem US miles on AA metal and AA miles on US. Barclays never would give me that US Air card....maybe when my Arrival hits 6 months?
Message 9 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:
You can already redeem US miles on AA metal and AA miles on US. Barclays never would give me that US Air card....maybe when my Arrival hits 6 months?

You only have one card w/ Barclays? 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.