Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard ?

tag
2NE1
Established Contributor

Barclaycard ?

I'd like to apply to a Barclaycard. When I went to their website I notice that there are two different color cards, WHITE and BLACK.

Does anyone have any experience with either one or both? which would you suggest? I'd like to purchase an iPad, which I assume what the WHITE card's for? I also wouldn't mind the $25 gift cards that the BLACK Rewards card gives you. Which CRA will they be pulling?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Barclaycard ?

They should pull TU

the white one is for the no intreastr for 6 or 12 months

the black iTunes card is for iTune rewards

Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

They always seem to pull TU.

Personally I would recommend the white card if it has better financing/interest rates.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

If you want to purchase an Apple product, get the white card. They offer 0% financing for 6-months and 12-months, depending on purchase price. I love my Barclay's.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 4 of 11
Smug
Established Contributor

Love white barclaycard.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

If you want to purchase an Apple product, get the white card. They offer 0% financing for 6-months and 12-months, depending on purchase price. I love my Barclay's.

+1

They pull TU

Message 6 of 11
jrodzmc09
Contributor

I just got approved for the the Barclaycard Financing Visa.. but my mission was to get the black one. Called them as soon as I realize it had the wrong one in order to get a product change. They turned me down on that!. Said I could apply for the iTunes card if I want it to get that one. I just laugh! So make sure you get the card you actually want. Since I don't plan on purchasing anything big to take advantage of the financing deals its a waste.
USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 7 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

If you dont mind sharing what was your fico and did you have any baddies? Congrats btw

Message 8 of 11
Poet34
Valued Member

They pulled EQ for me in Ohio.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 9 of 11
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Thank You! Sad that I really don't have any use for this card right now. I don't really know what they pulled off yet, but I have a EX & EQ: 667 TU:671. Just got approved a few hours ago with a CL: $1,200. I do have baddies. Forclosed home loans do to come off DEC 2013. Two paid off charge off accounts. 1 Collections account on each CRA. Yep so baddies I do have. You should be fine.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.