cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BarclaycardI

tag
mhassan87

BarclaycardI

I recently went on my first credit card churn ever. On 10/11 I applied for multiple cards with almost all of them being approved except for Citicard HHonors card which eventually got approved. Some of the cards I applied for were Barclay Arrival and Ring which I got instant approval. About 1 week after the approval I got a letter from Barclay card saying they need to speak with me and to call in. I called them and they told me that they need me to verify my SSN because someone else in there system is using my social and has multiple cards. I was confused since I recently just went through a mortgage and nothing showed up my reports when they pulled them and I check my credit report and score every month. I was told to mail in my SSN card, drivers license, passport, and recent bank statement. I mailed all these things to them and it has now been over 1 month they still haven't corrected the issue or sent my approved cards. Has anyone gone through anything like this? I've searched for EO of barclays but haven't been able to find anything. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: BarclaycardI

Welcome to the forum did you try the back door numbers in the sticky at the top of the page. They list credit analyst.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
mhassan87

I spoken to them multiple times and they said they couldn't help me since this issue is security related.

Message 3 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i'm sorry to hear your troubles, op...hopefully they can you sorted out...now did they freeze both of your new accounts?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 7
mhassan87

Both cards have been approved but were never mailed out. Is it even possible for someone to have credit cards under my SSN and not show up on my credit reports?

Message 5 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

it looks like the typical verification process...but seeing how it's been over a month since you mailed all the required documents, all of this should've been resolved...i would just keep at it with them until you reach someone who has the knowledge resolve your issue.

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@mhassan87 wrote:

Both cards have been approved but were never mailed out. Is it even possible for someone to have credit cards under my SSN and not show up on my credit reports?

i think it would still show up on your report if the same ssn number was used

---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.