Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycards and CLI Requests Query

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Barclaycards and CLI Requests Query

For the first time, I just applied for a CLI for my SallieMae card, expecting an approval or denial immediately (a SP).  However, I got a message that a decision would be made within 48 hours.  Does that mean they are doing a hard pull?

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclaycards and CLI Requests Query

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

For the first time, I just applied for a CLI for my SallieMae card, expecting an approval or denial immediately (a SP).  However, I got a message that a decision would be made within 48 hours.  Does that mean they are doing a hard pull?

From my experience all online credit line increase requests with Barclay are hard pulls of TU.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you requested the increase online, expect a HP to TU.

Message 3 of 7
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Thank you both.  Darn!  I should have asked on here before I did the request.  I did do a bit of research and could not find an answer.  Dang it!

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Thank you both.  Darn!  I should have asked on here before I did the request.  I did do a bit of research and could not find an answer.  Dang it!

Your best bet is to call in and ask for an APR decrease (in the future), if you can transferred, then ask the agent if there is an offer for a SP CLI on your account.

Message 5 of 7
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Thanks, MrP, I have saved this info for future reference.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You aren't necessarily rejected yet! Make sure to recon if you're denied any CLI
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.