Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycards

tag
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Barclaycards

I recently received my Arrival WMC which I plan to use for upcoming travel this year. I'm not a big spender however I also like the idea of using this as an everyday sans those covered by 5% rewards, as the rewards are even better than the 1.5% on my QuicksilverOne (which also doesn't seem to want to grow but is my longest TL at 7 years).

Im not too fond of the AF so I'm considering PCing after the first year to BC Rewards card to run my utilities through for the 2x which will at least give me the same reward as Arrival for my largest monthly spends. 

Has anyone kept the Arrival or planning to keep the Arrival with AF past the first year? 

I don't see a lot of talk about the Rewards card even though it offers 2x for utilities. Is this card worthless? I wanna keep my relationship with Barclay so don't want to close the card after the first year but trying to decide what makes the most sense given my current portfolio.  

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Barclaycards

they convert my NFL card to rewards, but since i got approved arrival also, it is 100% worthless to me, i may try PC to sallie mae again in the future, if declined, i just move CL to arrival and close it.

still debate which one to keep, arrival or CSP, i am paying AF for CSP this year since Chase is very good to me, but put my everyday spending EX dinning and traveling on arrival to give barclay a test

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 6
burberryboy007
Valued Member

I have Arrival with AF and I'm keeping it..it takes less than $800 spending per month for the card to pay for itself but keep in mind it's a travel card. If you don't travel as often, it's probably not as useful.

American Express Gold Card NPSL | NEFCU Platinum Visa 7.5k | Amazon Store Card 6.5k | Discover More 5.5k | American Express Delta Gold Skymiles 3k | Barclaycard Arrival+ 1.5k |
Starting Score: 664
Current Score: 745
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 6
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@burberryboy007 wrote:

I have Arrival with AF and I'm keeping it..it takes less than $800 spending per month for the card to pay for itself but keep in mind it's a travel card. If you don't travel as often, it's probably not as useful.

I used to travel quite often. Havent much since wife changed careers but really trying to get back in the air now that my daughter lives with me. $800/month is easy and having at least one travel card will complete the portfolio. I just always see people churn this card and SD the no fee version.  It may just be a matter of analyzing my spend after year 1 to see if it's worth it. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 4 of 6
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@noobody wrote:

they convert my NFL card to rewards, but since i got approved arrival also, it is 100% worthless to me, i may try PC to sallie mae again in the future, if declined, i just move CL to arrival and close it.

still debate which one to keep, arrival or CSP, i am paying AF for CSP this year since Chase is very good to me, but put my everyday spending EX dinning and traveling on arrival to give barclay a test

Wouldn't the Arrival be more beneficial than CSP due to 2x on everything and cheaper AF? Or is Freedom/CSP combo better option by moving 5% category points earned?

Message 5 of 6
noobody
Established Contributor

@LeadingMan wrote:

@noobody wrote:

Wouldn't the Arrival be more beneficial than CSP due to 2x on everything and cheaper AF? Or is Freedom/CSP combo better option by moving 5% category points earned?

On my book, UR points worth 2.3 cents and barclay Mile worrth 1 cent, So the earning rate of arrival is 2.2%. I use Csp for traveling and dinning, arrival for everything else. I do traval both domestic and international and would not dreaming of first class without CSP

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.