cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

tag
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

My account with Barclays is now showing a 0% BT offer through 9/1/14, with only a 1% transfer fee (minimum $5).

I got so excited, and started looking at my spreadsheet to see where I could save some $$$!

Much to my surprise, I realized that the only balance I could transfer would only save me $35 in the long run (and that's only if I made min. pymts), and I would have to pay the minimum $5 fee to transfer it, as the 1% would really only be about $4. Guess I won't be using it.

Wow! This feels GOOD!  Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

@pt310 wrote:

My account with Barclays is now showing a 0% BT offer through 9/1/14, with only a 1% transfer fee (minimum $5).

I got so excited, and started looking at my spreadsheet to see where I could save some $$$!

Much to my surprise, I realized that the only balance I could transfer would only save me $35 in the long run (and that's only if I made min. pymts), and I would have to pay the minimum $5 fee to transfer it, as the 1% would really only be about $4. Guess I won't be using it.

You did a wonderful job of thinking it through and weighing all options

Came up with the right decision as well Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Barclays card? what card it is.... baraclays world master card or NFL OR ring? thanks.
Message 3 of 10
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@SRAGS wrote:
Barclays card? what card it is.... baraclays world master card or NFL OR ring? thanks.

My card just says Barclayscard Rewards...it used to be Juniper until Barclays bought them out, then I PC'd to their reward card. (It is a MC)

For the last couple months the website said that BT offers were not available online, but I noticed today that it was up. Hopefully yours will have it too!

Message 4 of 10
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@pt310 wrote:

You did a wonderful job of thinking it through and weighing all options

Came up with the right decision as well Smiley Wink

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Just a couple months ago I had several $K on cards that were charging 21% +. Now my (lower) balances are mostly at 0%, with my highest at 14.99%, but it's less than $400, and will be gone soon! I'm so glad I found this forum. I finally feel that my money is working FOR me and not AGAINST me!

Message 5 of 10
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

This is the best post I have read today because it sounds like you have gained a level of credit AND financial responsibility from the forums.

Three cheers for getting rid of debt!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 10
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Congratulations!

This is the best post I have read today because it sounds like you have gained a level of credit AND financial responsibility from the forums.

Three cheers for getting rid of debt!

Thank you! I have gained SOOOO much from these forums, and am so happy to be here!

Message 7 of 10
RENATO1

Which Barclay Card offered you the 1% transfer fee please?

Message 8 of 10
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was going to ask how they come up with the fees but it might depend on what card it is.

I have their Apple Financing card. When I receive BT offers they are for 3.99%, a $10. fee or 4% of the amount of each transaction up to $99. If it's going to be multiple transactions that would have a fee total of more than that, it would be best to just deposit one check in your account then go from there.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 9 of 10
negg
Frequent Contributor

I've been getting these deals for a year now. My tv and sound bar is on my Barclays card. Got the points from chase BT it to Barclays. Ive made like 3 POS charges on my Barclays card since i got it(june 11) Strictly a BT card for me.

Btw I have the apple card, girl has the arrivals card. We both get the same offers
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.