Reply
Frequent Contributor
pt310
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎05-03-2013
0

Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

My account with Barclays is now showing a 0% BT offer through 9/1/14, with only a 1% transfer fee (minimum $5).

 

I got so excited, and started looking at my spreadsheet to see where I could save some $$$!

 

Much to my surprise, I realized that the only balance I could transfer would only save me $35 in the long run (and that's only if I made min. pymts), and I would have to pay the minimum $5 fee to transfer it, as the 1% would really only be about $4. Guess I won't be using it.

 

Wow! This feels GOOD!  :smileylol:



In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....


pt310 wrote:

My account with Barclays is now showing a 0% BT offer through 9/1/14, with only a 1% transfer fee (minimum $5).

 

I got so excited, and started looking at my spreadsheet to see where I could save some $$$!

 

Much to my surprise, I realized that the only balance I could transfer would only save me $35 in the long run (and that's only if I made min. pymts), and I would have to pay the minimum $5 fee to transfer it, as the 1% would really only be about $4. Guess I won't be using it.

 

Wow! This feels GOOD!  :smileylol:


You did a wonderful job of thinking it through and weighing all options

Came up with the right decision as well :smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Regular Contributor
SRAGS
Posts: 163
Registered: ‎07-30-2009
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

Barclays card? what card it is.... baraclays world master card or NFL OR ring? thanks.
Frequent Contributor
pt310
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎05-03-2013
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....


SRAGS wrote:
Barclays card? what card it is.... baraclays world master card or NFL OR ring? thanks.

My card just says Barclayscard Rewards...it used to be Juniper until Barclays bought them out, then I PC'd to their reward card. (It is a MC)

For the last couple months the website said that BT offers were not available online, but I noticed today that it was up. Hopefully yours will have it too!

 



In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Frequent Contributor
pt310
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎05-03-2013
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....


myjourney wrote:

pt310 wrote:

My account with Barclays is now showing a 0% BT offer through 9/1/14, with only a 1% transfer fee (minimum $5).

 

I got so excited, and started looking at my spreadsheet to see where I could save some $$$!

 

Much to my surprise, I realized that the only balance I could transfer would only save me $35 in the long run (and that's only if I made min. pymts), and I would have to pay the minimum $5 fee to transfer it, as the 1% would really only be about $4. Guess I won't be using it.

 

Wow! This feels GOOD!  :smileylol:


You did a wonderful job of thinking it through and weighing all options

Came up with the right decision as well :smileywink:


Thanks! :smileyhappy:

 

Just a couple months ago I had several $K on cards that were charging 21% +. Now my (lower) balances are mostly at 0%, with my highest at 14.99%, but it's less than $400, and will be gone soon! I'm so glad I found this forum. I finally feel that my money is working FOR me and not AGAINST me!



In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,567
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

Congratulations!

This is the best post I have read today because it sounds like you have gained a level of credit AND financial responsibility from the forums.

Three cheers for getting rid of debt!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Frequent Contributor
pt310
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎05-03-2013
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....


SnackTrader wrote:
Congratulations!

This is the best post I have read today because it sounds like you have gained a level of credit AND financial responsibility from the forums.

Three cheers for getting rid of debt!

Thank you! I have gained SOOOO much from these forums, and am so happy to be here!



In the Garden since 7/3/13
Latest Scores: 749 EQ MyFico 8/5/13 | 766 TU Wally Aug '13 | 732 CK Fako 8/7/13 | 776 CS Fako 8/6/13
Goal: 780+ and my own house by next summer!
Member
RENATO1
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎03-10-2009
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

Which Barclay Card offered you the 1% transfer fee please?

Established Contributor
masscredit
Posts: 862
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

I was going to ask how they come up with the fees but it might depend on what card it is.

 

I have their Apple Financing card. When I receive BT offers they are for 3.99%, a $10. fee or 4% of the amount of each transaction up to $99. If it's going to be multiple transactions that would have a fee total of more than that, it would be best to just deposit one check in your account then go from there.

 

 


|****$8000****|****$6000*****|****$6000*****|****$2500****|****$1600****|****$3000*****|*****$1400*****|****$1350*****|
EX - 657 (MyFico 10/02/14) TU - 657 (Walmart 11/08/14 ) EQ 04 - 701 (DCU -11/28/14) EQ 08 - 684 (MyFico -12/04/14)
Regular Contributor
negg
Posts: 225
Registered: ‎05-21-2011
0

Re: Barclays 0% BT Offer? Wow....never thought I would be able to say this....

[ Edited ]
I've been getting these deals for a year now. My tv and sound bar is on my Barclays card. Got the points from chase BT it to Barclays. Ive made like 3 POS charges on my Barclays card since i got it(june 11) Strictly a BT card for me.

Btw I have the apple card, girl has the arrivals card. We both get the same offers
Delta Amex $7500.........Marriott Rewards Premier $6500.......Discover IT $3800......Citi Preferred $2500...........Chase Freedom $3800......Barclay(apple) $2000.......BofA $1500.......
Capital One $4000.....FNO.....$3700

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}