Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays AA

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Barclays AA

@Chilli wrote:

we just just checked my partners Apple acct that he opened in May and saw his CL was reduced from $3.5 to 2,900.  🙄

He is carrying a balance...taking advantage of the promo. 

Anyways, I will pay this balance off tomorrow and

✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️✂️💤💤💤

Sorry to hear, what is the rest of his file like? New accounts, and when? Any history of already reporting substantial balances on other cards?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 77
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

0% promo?  If so, unless you're really concerned about the Utility, there really isn't any reason to PIF early.

True but that puts him a little over 59% until on this acct. 

bEsides, I really don't have time to play Barclays balance chasing finicky game.

Did he call them to try to find out what caused the CLD?

I think it's carrying a balance for a few months on this card and his AMEX which is also a promo.

Nope, I told him not to call...it's really not worth the effort.

Message 12 of 77
Open123
Super Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

0% promo?  If so, unless you're really concerned about the Utility, there really isn't any reason to PIF early.

True but that puts him a little over 59% until on this acct. 

bEsides, I really don't have time to play Barclays balance chasing finicky game.

I totally get this.  

For me, if I had 0% terms contractually, there's nothing a Bank could do to possibly cause me to give up a "free" loan.  In my view, 59% utility isn't that bad.  And, if they balance chase, I'd go with min payment, then a final balloon PIF right before the promo ends.

Message 13 of 77
baller4life
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Sorry Chilli, but we know how Barclays is...They really don't want you to carry balances, even though they send checks in the mail, and offer great BT offers.. It boils down too, they don't like even though they promote it.

That stinks!! Im sorry to hear thisSmiley Sad

+100 I wouldn't carry a balance with Barclays again  if Hell froze over twice!! 

Message 14 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Sorry Chilli, but we know how Barclays is...They really don't want you to carry balances, even though they send checks in the mail, and offer great BT offers.. It boils down too, they don't like even though they promote it.

I'm testing that right now. Used one of the 0% APR checks last month for $1200.

Message 15 of 77
elim
Senior Contributor

to help us barclaycard holders, will you please share the payments you have been making on the balance?  min? 2x min? 10x min?

how big was the balance vs limit?

any help with barclays is hugely appreciated by me and any others walking on eggshells with this skittish lender (i'm really learning to not care about their cards).  

Message 16 of 77
Chilli
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
That sucks! Sorry to hear Chilli.

Baller, don't be sorry. Shucks, do you think I really care? Hummmm, NO! 😂😂😂😂

Message 17 of 77
Chilli
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

to help us barclaycard holders, will you please share the payments you have been making on the balance?  min? 2x min? 10x min?

how big was the balance vs limit?

any help with barclays is hugely appreciated by me and any others walking on eggshells with this skittish lender (i'm really learning to not care about their cards).  

This was an APPLE card. No BT...he had purchase a MacBook for our daughter. Lol

we we were making 3x min payment.

bal to limit was I would say 1,900 got it down to 1,300.

he only got the card for the promo at the Apple Store. ...no biggie.

Message 18 of 77
Chilli
Established Contributor

Thanks, pizza. You're right.

Message 19 of 77
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm testing that right now. Used one of the 0% APR checks last month for $1200.

Kepp us posted!!  Remember....they usually dont AA right away, they wait a few monthsSmiley Wink  good luck to you, hope it work out! lol

Message 20 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.